feature requests

Marvel Debuts iPad Comic Book Reader App (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Debuts iPad Comic-Book Reader App

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 2, 2010 3:25:41 pm
  • From what I can tell, it looks like issues will be $1.99 each. Not bad, but I'd rather actually collect physical comics than bytes. Either way, I don't have (nor do I ever plan to own) an IPad, so I guess it don't matter what I think.
  • Posted: April 2, 2010 3:43:54 pm
  • No iPad in my future, either.
  • Posted: April 4, 2010 2:03:37 pm
  • Me Either It is not the same reading comics on a computer. I would rather own them. Plus buying an I-pad way to much money.
    I'm over worked and under paid, But never to poor for Comics!!! Check out my new website !!!
    www.kozscomicreview.webs.com
  • Posted: April 12, 2010 5:20:02 am
  • spiderrmonkey said:
    From what I can tell, it looks like issues will be $1.99 each. Not bad, but I'd rather actually collect physical comics than bytes. Either way, I don't have (nor do I ever plan to own) an IPad, so I guess it don't matter what I think.

To me it looks like the comics are free....? and the application is 1.99. If this is the case I think its a great idea....
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: April 12, 2010 10:23:15 am
  • It's just not the same as collecting them physically. Then you spend all this money on an ipad when all that money could go to comics.Very Happy
    Don of the D.E.DImage
  • Posted: April 12, 2010 10:48:56 am
  • I agree. Digital can (IMO) never replace the real thing.

There is nothing sweeter than touching and smelling those comics. You need to have them for real.
    Not collecting any more but I still enjoy comics now and then...
  • Posted: April 12, 2010 12:17:27 pm
  • Yes. I have purchased several CDs with runs of comics on them, primarily some off brands that are difficult and expensive to find. They are enjoyable, but definitely not the "real thing".
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 15
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Out of Left Field Hard Cover # 1
  • Vanguard Productions's Space Cowboy Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Punk: Arms Race Issue # 2c