feature requests

Avengers Movie? (Comic Book Forums)

• Avengers Movie?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 8:53:44 pm
  • alright i just read something that said the avengers movie may be an all cgi movie like bea wolf,what is the latest new's anyone has heard about the avengers,thor,captain america or any other avengers build up movies ?
    I Love Comics
  • Posted: June 23, 2008 8:59:15 pm
  • i have not heard anything of the sort, of course, i havent looked into such a thing.

beowulf was one of the worst movies of the year, and most of that was because of the very cruddy cgi animation....now, the models look quite good, but they were extremely lazy with the animation...plus, it is completely pointless...if you can film it...might as well film it....looks better that way anyway
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 12:36:36 am
  • cgi isnt always bad
    take a look at Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children: Image
    thats nearly looks real (better when its in motion)
    but thats Square for you...

i highly doubt the Avengers movie will be cgi, due to the fact that theyre making such a big deal over how theyre going to have all the same actors
    not really a point to not film it... isnt there?
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 1:10:14 am
  • advent children was not bad....i never played the game, so i didnt follow the movie so well, but it was pretty and the animation was much better than beowulf.....but its just one of those things that comic book movies should never do...that site that he linked to has some people making the wonderful point of most comic book geeks (us) have wanted our favorite comics come to life, not simply remain works of art
    http://comicbookrealm.com/jkoswald/collection check out my collection...selling everything (piles labeled "for sale" only) at 20% of value (80% off)...check my forum posting in the selling section for details
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 1:22:26 am
  • unfortunantly advent children had a REALLY bad habit of referencing stuff that came out in the japan-only directors cut version of the game
    i had to watch the little half hour overview thing to get the entire thing
    besides, comics are like every other medium that gets transfered to film
    if its done right, its amazing (V For Vendetta, 300, Sin City)
    yet if its done wrong, its horrible beyond words (DareDevil, The Hulk, Spider-Man 3)
    so, i personally dont think the exact FORM of movie is all that essential (300 was filmed on a green screen, everything but the actors was cgi), just that its done rightly and stays true to the story
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 1:32:52 am
  • yeah, it was the animation itself (i.e. the motion) not the cgi that i had the issue with on beowulf....i have not seen 300, i have heard it was good....iron man would have been nothing without cgi...same with the incredible hulk and basically all the super hero movies from the 2000's....you just cant do that stuff without cgi of some sort

sam raimi is an absolutely horrible director...all the spider-man movies were much worse than their potential....spider-man 3 was the best one, if only for the whole "symbiotes make me emo" scene....that was the greatest stroke of genius to come from those movies...i know everyone else hated the movie because of that scene...but i found it way too hilarious......yes the whole sandman/ben parker scenario was way off base, but eh, such a small part of the movie that was created to show off the actual dark nature of the symbiotic costume....anyways, i feel i am ranting
  • Posted: June 24, 2008 4:29:36 am
  • ranting isnt always bad...
    Sam Raimi should stick to camp, like the Evil Dead series
    its what he does best
    (he did do Evil Dead... right?)
    i DID like Spider-Man, and 2 was eh, and although the emo scene in 3 was major major lulz, the entire movie just me off. i mean, really, how long did it take for the symbiote to NOTICEABLY affect spider-man? and how long after that did the make the noise connection? and how long after THAT did he fight venom? Right? RIGHT?!
    and who the goes into a church and says ', please kill Peter Parker?' SERIOUSLY?!?! and another thing -goes off for 4 1/2 hours-
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dragon Realm Issue nn
  • Faro's Lounge's Faro's Lounge: American Safari Sketchbook Issue nn - superhero
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1b
  • Oni Press's Jill and the Killers Issue # 4b