feature requests

Joe Quesada exits Marvel Comics (Comic Book Forums)

• Joe Quesada exits Marvel Comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 1, 2022 11:36:34 am
  • Joe Quesada has retired from Marvel Comics after a career of over 20 years with the publisher.
    Long time Marvel Comics executive and former editor-in-chief Joe Quesada, who has held the title of executive vice president and creative director of Marvel Entertainment since 2019, has retired from Marvel effective June 1 after a career spanning more than 30 years in which Quesada rose from freelance artist to one of the longest-tenured executives in the publisher's history.

Quesada released a public statement to his social media accounts(opens in new tab) detailing his departure from the publisher and thanking his many collaborators for their years of hard work.

"In August of 2000, Marvel took a shot on me, entrusted me with the keys to the Universe, and has been my biggest supporter ever since," reads Quesada's statement in part. "During that time, I've had the great fortune to stand on the shoulders of giants, none broader than those of my predecessors and mentors, the best editorial team in the business, my co-working family, and the most talented creators on earth who put their trust in me, especially in the early days when it looked like I was selling tickets on the Titanic."

Read More - https://www.gamesradar.com/joe-quesada-exits-marvel/

"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 3, 2022 9:43:20 am
  • Probably for the best. Joe Quesada is a lot like Jim Lee. Both are great artists but I think they both make for poor editorial/leadership roles.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Special # 18
  • DC Comics's DC Connect Issue # 47
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2lee
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 19