feature requests

Comics For Ukraine (Comic Book Forums)

• Comics For Ukraine

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 19, 2022 6:57:16 pm
  • If not mentioned by someone else, may be worth checking out:

https://zoop.gg/c/comicsforukraine

Proceeds go for humanitarian relief & contributions by numerous top people in the comics industry.

I actually purchased the issue signed by Mr. Bill Sienkiewicz -- there are many different ones to choose from & they've nearly gotten $150,000!!
  • Posted: May 19, 2022 8:17:26 pm
  • I have a copy ordered. Looks like a great book, and it supports a great cause!

When ordering, be aware this book does not exist yet. It will be months before you receive your book, but it should be worth the wait.
    Did I err?
  • Posted: May 19, 2022 8:29:01 pm
  • I know it'll be many weeks (if not months) -- although I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, I was born in San Antonio & wouldn't lead a fellow Texan astray!!
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 9:04:25 am
  • T.I.A. -- I found article, from The Hollywood Reporter, that says "Titled Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds, the anthology book is the brainchild of Scott Dunbier, a veteran industry editor currently at IDW who teamed up with comic crowdfunding platform Zoop and charity Operation USA for the effort."
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 2:12:26 pm
  • MattV5 said:
    I know it'll be many weeks (if not months) -- although I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, I was born in San Antonio & wouldn't lead a fellow Texan astray!!

You can take the Texan out of Texas, but you can't take the Texas out of a Texan. Smile

Thanks for posting about the book!
    Did I err?
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 3:50:52 pm
  • MattV5 said:
    T.I.A. -- I found article, from The Hollywood Reporter, that says "Titled Comics for Ukraine: Sunflower Seeds, the anthology book is the brainchild of Scott Dunbier, a veteran industry editor currently at IDW who teamed up with comic crowdfunding platform Zoop and charity Operation USA for the effort."

So, would we take "Scott Dunbier/Zoop" as publisher to be correct?
    FYI: Thx to do the research Wink

Last edited May 20, 2022 3:52:43 pm
    English is not my native language, please forgive my grammar / spelling...
    (First non-English speaking Moderator on CBR)

Paling & Ko by Francisco Ibáñez
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 4:54:45 pm
  • Unless it's easier to list under IDW, for easy look up -- website indicates 1,160 "supporters" ...most of which, I'm thinking, are issues ordered?
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 5:44:05 pm
  • Gonna take IDW, unless other mods think diff. Thx!

• Posted: May 20, 2022 7:20:38 pm
  • Sounds good -- hope you & everyone safe ...easy for me to say, with Atlantic Ocean in between us! I could see how Europe may be a little on edge
  • Posted: May 20, 2022 7:54:51 pm
  • MattV5 said:
    Sounds good -- hope you & everyone safe ...easy for me to say, with Atlantic Ocean in between us! I could see how Europe may be a little on edge

Belgium is in NATO, so when Daddy Po... wanna set foot on us, the US have to act (Art. No.5) , So maybe (let's hope NOT) I see you when you cross the Atlantic to help. Our Country helps alot refugees, but as always you cant do enough Sad

• Posted: May 20, 2022 8:30:49 pm
  • I understand...Brussels is NATO Headquarters -- my Mom was close to being transferred there, back when I was in high school, but that was 40 years ago. If (on the outside chance) I'm called up, I'll be there!!
  • Posted: May 21, 2022 11:29:26 am
  • I ordered the Arthur Adams cover. Love his stuff and it's for a good cause, so an easy purchase for me.
  • Posted: May 21, 2022 3:09:40 pm
  • GOOD Deal junobeach -- that's exactly the way I felt about getting Bill Sienkiewicz's signature, it's a great thing & fantastic charity!
  • Posted: May 26, 2022 2:41:51 pm
  • Just a gentle reminder -- there's 7 days left to order this anthology, the proceeds of which benefit Ukrainian refugees.

Looking at the webpage https://zoop.gg/c/comicsforukraine#updates, just now, the page count increased from 96 -- to now 112!

1,180 Supporters have generated nearly $145,000 in donations Very Happy
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 221 days, 11 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Opus Comics's Crystal Planet Issue # 1
  • Avalon Communications Group's Doomsday +1 Issue # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Miles Morales and Moon Girl Issue # 1b
  • Roaring Brook Press's Smaller Sister Hard Cover # 1