feature requests

Valiant Editor More Interested in Politics in Comics Than Entertainment (Comic Book Forums)

  • Valiant Editor More Interested in Politics in Comics Than Entertainment

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 4, 2020 5:15:40 pm
  • lol you do realize that comics have been political since the beginning of time right lol...i hate politics...but they have been in comics forever...they use to make campaign comics lol...heck the old political cartoons could very well have been the comic book precursor (not sure just a thought)...

    an example..here's one from the 60's

    https://www.loriferber.com/wayne-morse-oregon-senator-political-comic-book.html

    all that being said, i never got into valiant enough to notice...only liked a couple books, but never really bought a run when i was younger, and i dont even look at them now...i just accrue them in lots now lol


    Last edited November 4, 2020 5:31:08 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: November 4, 2020 8:14:05 pm
  • I don’t think it’s necessary to make politics so overt in comics. Classic Valiant comics weren’t, and I don’t care what Heather Antos says. She just wants to use them as a vehicle to push her politics. She did the same thing when she was at Marvel.

    AmZoMBiE said:
    lol you do realize that comics have been political since the beginning of time right lol...i hate politics...but they have been in comics forever...they use to make campaign comics lol...heck the old political cartoons could very well have been the comic book precursor (not sure just a thought)...

    an example..here's one from the 60's

    https://www.loriferber.com/wayne-morse-oregon-senator-political-comic-book.html

    all that being said, i never got into valiant enough to notice...only liked a couple books, but never really bought a run when i was younger, and i dont even look at them now...i just accrue them in lots now lol
  • Posted: November 4, 2020 9:21:26 pm
  • i fully concur, no doubt about it...but its something that really will never change. Comics follow whats going on at that time...Drugs, STDs, Breast Cancer, Politics, Conservation, etc... these all are never good, but have been around since the beginning...and will continue at some point...whether in a big book or small, Mainstream or indy...just dont give your money into what you cant take, dont like or cant enjoy you know Very Happy

    I, for one, will never give a dollar for any of those books lol...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: November 5, 2020 10:22:00 am
  • Why read a website titled BleedingFool if you don't like politics?
  • Posted: November 5, 2020 11:43:58 am
  • brucifer said:
    Why read a website titled BleedingFool if you don't like politics?


    I saw the article on Twitter and read it. Bleeding Fool is a “geek” site that focuses on writing articles about pop culture: comics, movies, etc. I didn’t say I don’t like politics. I honestly don’t like reading heavy handed politics in comic books or seeing it my popcorn flicks. I like to escape politics when I partake of entertainment.

    Seeing as how comic sales have declined, I’d say a lot of other comic book fans aren’t keen on reading it either. Heather Antos was a long time editor at Marvel before resigning and taking a job in the gambling industry. Guess it didn’t work out because Chinese owned Valiant hired her as editor, and Valiant comic sales are on the decline. They’ve already shut down their NYC office.
  • Posted: November 5, 2020 12:19:00 pm
  • I thought Bleedingcool was the website for us nerds who love comic books, movies, video games, pop culture and collectibles, not Bleedingfool. Sorry about that Logerine.
  • Posted: November 5, 2020 12:55:05 pm
  • brucifer said:
    I thought Bleedingcool was the website for us nerds who love comic books, movies, video games, pop culture and collectibles, not Bleedingfool. Sorry about that Logerine.


    No need to apologize at all. We’re friends. Smile You’ve always been kind and civil to me.

    If you are interested, you might like to read this article about Bleeding Fool: https://www.hollywoodintoto.com/bleeding-fool-jamison-ashley-interview/
  • Posted: November 5, 2020 5:48:31 pm
  • i thought bleeding cool was the Magazine...ive never sought out their website, so no input there lol...Kinda odd to be named 1 letter off a big mag though lol
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: November 13, 2020 9:24:35 am
  • When politics is relevant to the story, that's something I can enjoy. Alan Moore did this when he wrote Watchmen in the 1980s. When politics is forced into a story, it disappoints and insults the reader. Unfortunately most of the politics seen in comics today follows the latter.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Anglo-American Publishing Co.'s Freelance Comics Issue # 34
  • Image Comics's Twig Issue # 1surprise
  • Viz Media's We Never Learn Soft Cover # 21
  • Davida Gypsy Breier's Xerography Debt Issue # 38