feature requests

TMNT Last Ronin pushed Back because of artist breaking his arm (Comic Book Forums)

• TMNT Last Ronin pushed Back because of artist breaking his arm

Author Discussion
  • Posted: September 11, 2020 9:15:40 pm
  • Im so mad, really looking forward to reading this one...pre-ordered it lol

https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-20-kevin-eastman-panel-last-ronin/
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: September 23, 2020 7:49:45 pm
  • Looks like it got pushed out to an October release. As a TMNT fan I will most likely be picking it up as well. Once the intellectual property was sold to Nickelodean in 2009, Peter Laird has wanted nothing to do with the turtles, so this is great news that he's involved. I messaged him on his blog years ago and asked if he was reading the IDW series or watching any of the new Nick animated show, but he said he had no interest in seeing what they were doing and just wanted to live life and pursue other ventures. It's strange because in the late 90s-early 2000s, it was Eastman that wanted nothing to do with the characters. He was running Heavy Metal magazine back then..., and now Eastman's been showering in the attention and Laird's the one who's sort of become the Steve Ditko of the two.

Last edited September 23, 2020 7:52:44 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 23, 2020 8:02:55 pm
  • i have signatures from both on some stuff...that sucks that Laird is hermitifying himself (lol i know thats not a word)...i am very excited to read this one because it looks like 1 turtle with all the others weapons, so im assuming all are dead except 1, hence the ronin phrasing...i keep thinking its leo, but it makes more sense to be Mikey lol...
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: September 24, 2020 12:40:36 pm
  • We'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling the last ronin is Donatello. If Laird had a big influence in writing the original story, I can't remember where I read it before, he always said Don was his favorite.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: September 24, 2020 1:25:32 pm
  • Is there a way to put a clickable poll on here? Could be interesting to see who people think it will be.
    nem·e·sis
    noun
    A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent
  • Posted: September 24, 2020 4:27:45 pm
  • Here are the bio's...
    LEONARDO
    Leonardo is the oldest of his brothers and the leader, wears a Blue bandana and wields two katana swords. Leo is well known for being smart, strategic, and obedient to his Father/Sensei Master Splinter.

RAPHAEL
    Raphael is the second oldest of his brothers and is driven by his anger. He sports a Red bandana and is a master of his Sai’s. Raph is well known for being strong, caring, and hot headed.

DONATELLO
    Donatello is the third born and is very intelligent. He wears a Purple Bandana and uses a six-foot Bo Staff (Naginata). Donnie is well known for being nervous, astute, and a tech guru.

MICHELANGELO
    Michelangelo is the youngest and is adored by his brothers, even when he provokes them otherwise. He flaunts an Orange bandana and uses Nunchaku (Nunchuks). Mikey is known for being funny, fast, and high-flying.

My guess is Don with Leo being a close 2nd.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: September 24, 2020 7:41:08 pm
  • The reason i think its Mikey is because my brother summed up an article he read to me saying that the character goes thru a huge change thru the crisis...Fun Loving Care Free Mikey made the most sense to me just because of that. Who else to become a crazy killer then the turtle furthest from it...at least thats my reasoning lol..
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
  • Posted: September 24, 2020 7:52:58 pm
  • I haven't read a TMNT book other than FCBD or Halloween fest stuff in a decade...so for me it's a pure guess.

Last edited September 24, 2020 8:04:57 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Giant-Size: The Incredible Hulk Issue # 1c
  • Marvel Comics's What If? Venom Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine and the X-Men Issue # 14b