feature requests

DC Confirms the Return of Milestone to Comics in 2021 (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Confirms the Return of Milestone to Comics in 2021

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 1:51:38 am
  • logerine said:
    DC, please don’t make it woke.

I'll second this!

Milestone had some good stuff that was ignored because Static was the breakout hit. I hope they don't focus too hard on Static and give some other characters (like Xombi) some attention.

DC didn't do a great job with the Milestone characters during the New 52, so hopefully they'll try a little harder this time out.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 9:35:57 am
  • I agree, if it's an attempt to appease wokeness it'll just fail. Right now I am pessimistic about what DC and Marvel are doing in comics. These were good characters and the lineup of talent is impressive: Jim Lee, Ryan Benjamin, Khoi Pham, Scott Hanna, Bill Sienkiewicz, and Alex Sinclair... but again, I am not hopeful.

Last edited August 25, 2020 3:57:21 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: August 25, 2020 12:22:50 pm
  • If DC comics thinks that a new Milestone line of books is going to save their bacon, they are going to be disappointed, you'll see.
  • Posted: September 26, 2020 1:22:41 am
  • DC is in a tailspin and it is too late to turn back. They rebooted and tweaked the Milestone characters in the new zero issue. Love the characters but DC is not looking strong outside of Batman.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Age of Bronze Hard Cover # 3.2
  • Martin L. Greim's Comic Crusader Issue # 2
  • DC Comics's Justice League vs. The Legion of Super-Heroes Issue # 3
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's Mame Coordinate Soft Cover # 1