feature requests

Denny O'Neil, One of Comics' Most Influential Writers, Has Died (Comic Book Forums)

• Denny O'Neil, One of Comics' Most Influential Writers, Has Died

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 12, 2020 3:01:22 pm
  • A very sad day for the comic world Crying or Very sad

Dennis "Denny" O'Neil -- a longtime and acclaimed writer and editor for both Marvel and DC -- has passed away at the age of 81.

Dennis J. "Denny" O'Neil has died at age 81. As confirmed by his family, the legendary comic book writer died at home of natural causes on the night of June 11.
    Read more - https://www.gamesradar.com/legendary-batman-writer-denny-oneil-dies-at-age-81/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 12, 2020 3:48:14 pm
  • It is a very sad day for comic book lovers worldwide.
    Denny O'Neil did so much in the '80s including hiring Frank Miller for his amazing Daredevil run. Don't forget he was the editor on Batman for about fifteen years too. Not to mention he wrote a slew of Batman titles and created some memorable new villains. He re-invented Green Arrow and Green Lantern on his killer run with Neal Adams.
    I'm really unhappy with this news. I hope it wasn't Covid-19 related. Sad
  • Posted: June 13, 2020 2:20:56 pm
  • Came across this today and thought I would post it here

“Make me laugh. Make me cry. Tell me my place in the world. Lift me out of my skin and place me in another. Show me places I have never visited and carry me to the ends of time and space. Give my demons names and help me to confront them. Demonstrate for me possibilities I've never thought of and present me with heroes who will give me courage and hope. Ease my sorrows and increase my joy. Teach me compassion. Entertain and enchant and enlighten me."

"Tell me a story.” - Denny O'Neil, from The DC Comics Guide to Writing Comics

The comics world reacts to the death of Denny O'Neil

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-comics-world-reacts-to-the-death-of-denny-oneil/
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 95 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • D.C. Thomson & Co.'s Commando: For Action and Adventure Issue # 5493
  • Marvel Comics's Hulk Issue # 1k
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's My Androgynous Boyfriend Soft Cover # 2
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's My Wife Has No Emotion Soft Cover # 2