feature requests

Batgirl Artist Babs Tarr Accused of Racism and Blackface for Drawing Self Portrait With Tan Skin (Comic Book Forums)

• Batgirl Artist Babs Tarr Accused of Racism and Blackface for Drawing Self-Portrait With Tan Skin

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2020 4:09:23 pm
  • No comments?

Well, I’ll say that I’m by no means a Babs Tarr fan, but the accusations that she was “black-fishing” (first time I’ve heard that term) is ludicrous. She does a self portrait with a tan and she is somehow propagating racism? Seems more like the outrage community strikes again.
  • Posted: June 6, 2020 4:34:46 pm
  • Nowadays it doesn't matter what you say or do, you're going to offend someone.
    Do I think this is nuts...yes, does it surprise me...no.

Last edited June 6, 2020 9:01:15 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 6, 2020 7:06:18 pm
  • Canuck said:
    Now a days it doesn't matter what you say or do, you're going to offend someone.

Agreed
  • Posted: June 6, 2020 8:23:24 pm
  • I'm also with Canuck on this one. Just don't tell anybody.
  • Posted: June 7, 2020 1:27:37 am
  • brucifer said:
    I'm also with Canuck on this one. Just don't tell anybody.

Haha! Yeah, you might get “canceled.”
  • Posted: June 7, 2020 1:29:27 am
  • Canuck said:
    Nowadays it doesn't matter what you say or do, you're going to offend someone.

I agree as well. Just sad to see society evolve, or should I say devolve, into what it has.
  • Posted: June 7, 2020 11:03:32 am
  • Goodness! It's a good thing there aren't any more pressing and important racial issues going on right now so we can go after somebody who used a tan marker.
  • Posted: June 7, 2020 12:27:46 pm
  • My only response is ...SMH...

if i draw a dot on a page, its racist...drawing a character with a tan...racist...is saying black is the color black racist? I absolutely and unequivocally condemn racism, but isnt it racist to constantly call things racist? I mean if there was NO intention of racism, then the racist party is the one looking at it with racist glasses right? Im sick of everyone having to pussyfoot around everything...

Racism is an action or attempt...planned or thought out...to intentionally segregate or single out a specific race. To knock them down, belittle them, and make them feel inferior.

Yes black lives matter..100%, but dont all lives matter, black, white, pink ,purple, even as far as animals and plants, the earth...everything matters. I feel things are being broken down soooooo far into places people had no intention of being and are forced into apologizing for them, when the thoughts or intentions were never there in the first place. As far as the Babs thing, i am not a following fan...but its summertime right now and she drew a couple poses with a tan...Really...Black Face? People want attention sooo badly they literally fish for it...get a life!

FYI for those of you who do not know how it works...a tan is when a lighter skinned person stays out in the sun (typically during summertime) and the sun starts to cook the skin, naturally changing the tone or hue of the lighter color to a darker color. Is that just people trying to make themselves black face?

Grow a thicker skin and stop trolling everything in the world. Ugh.

Who's gonna say what i am saying racist...it definately isnt...has no intentions of being racist...its calling out those claiming everything is racist. *for the racists out there not liking this statement.

Wondering now if my stick figure drawings are racist...

Last edited June 7, 2020 12:56:14 pm
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    NYX #3 - 1st X-23
    Amazing Spider Man #78 - 1st Prowler
    Avengers #55 - 1st Ultron
    Amazing Spider Man #134 - 1st Tarantula, 2nd Punisher
    Avengers #196 - 1st full Taskmaster
  • Posted: June 7, 2020 2:18:42 pm
  • You better not be drawing your stick figures with black ink!!
20 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 64 years, 95 days, 1 hour of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Comics' Greatest World: Arcadia Issue # 1f
  • Image Comics's King of Spies Issue # 1e
  • Heavy Metal's Never Never Issue # 5
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: War of the Bounty Hunters Issue # 1btc-b