feature requests

AT&T CLOSING DC COMICS IF '5G' FAILS (Comic Book Forums)

• AT&T CLOSING DC COMICS IF '5G' FAILS

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 22, 2020 5:43:57 pm
  • Barring the ownership...what does 5G and DC comics have anything to do with each other lol...Seems like another ploy to sell books.
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: February 23, 2020 10:14:30 am
  • Van Scriver? Isn't he a known idiot?
  • Posted: February 24, 2020 10:56:17 pm
  • Maybe if Marvel and DC would stop rebooting titles and characters all-the-time, they could gain and keep some fans? I would rather jump on a book at #77, or 12-something or 300, or whatever, then start buying a book and then after a small run it gets cancelled and rebooted! I don't know if there's anything more, comic-wise, that irritates me. I would much rather jump on-board Spider-man at(you pick a number), if the creative team is good, and there's some continuity, rather then start getting a title, and then within a short time, it's cancelled, and a new team is starting at another #1. Personally, I'm more invested if I get the title for awhile, and it continues. Because I'm invested in the title/character(s), I'm much more likely to hunt down back issues, even if I didn't care for the creative team, at that time. It also becomes a sense of pride to have a nice run on a book. When I started collecting, Batman was around #400, and Amazing Spidey #300ish. It didn't bother me in the least that these titles had been around longer than I had been alive. It also makes me feel that the company is loyal to the character and fans buy letting the continuity and issues add up. How can I care about a title/character if the company is ready to cancel it within a year or two? It doesn't make me feel that they care about it so..why should I?
    At the moment, I don't get any DC books, and only a couple Marvel's. I wouldn't be terribly upset if both companies shut down! There's enough back issues that I can hunt for that would keep me happy.
    Sorry for the rant.
  • Posted: February 25, 2020 1:15:29 pm
  • That was a decent rant Yoshi.
    #1 books always sell more than other numbers and until that stops, they'll keep chugging them out relentlessly. I remember starting to collect comic books in the late '80s and there was two Wolverine #1's. The mini-series by Frank Miller and the monthly book (which was fairly new). In 2020 there are over 100 #1's. Talk about confusing!!!!
    If you think Marvel or DC care for their fans whatsoever, you are gravely mistaken. They only care about the bottom line and how much dough they can squeeze out of us suckers!!
  • Posted: February 25, 2020 3:46:28 pm
  • Personally I wish they would just go with limited series', 4,6,8, 12 issues with one creative team and when they're done start over with a new creative team.
    Just give each mini a specific title name like Spider-Man: Down Under 4 part mini, then Spider-Man: Goes Fishing 6 part mini at least this way you have a complete story that if you want to follow you can.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Amazons Attack Issue # 6
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 2
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 6
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 9