feature requests

Amazing Spider Man Newspaper Strip Ends 42 Year Run (Comic Book Forums)

• Amazing Spider-Man Newspaper Strip Ends 42-Year Run

Author Discussion
  • Posted: March 23, 2019 9:21:06 pm
  • After a 42-year run today marks the last day the Amazing Spider-Man comic strip will be published in newspapers. Roy Thomas had been ghost writing it for years after Stan stepped down, with pencils by Stan Lee's brother, Larry Lieber, and Alex Saviuk.

The comic strip had also been penciled by other notable greats over the years: John Romita Sr. (when it first began), and Joe Sinnott. Stan Sakai was lettering the Sunday strips (I found this out through his facebook page).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/03/23/last-spider-man-newspaper-strip-writer-roy-thomas/

Last edited March 23, 2019 9:21:36 pm
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: March 24, 2019 3:00:09 am
  • That is a - you'll have to pardon the pun - Amazing run! His strip has not appeared in our local paper for years but I remember reading the very first one back in the day and being so pleased I could get a daily dose of new Spidey material!
    Tenzil
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Black Label's John Constantine: Hellblazer - Dead In America Issue # 4
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 47d
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 6b
  • Marvel Comics's X-Men: Hellfire Gala  Issue # 1i