feature requests

Here we go again!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Here we go again!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 12, 2018 10:05:45 am
  • What an awful idea. And just when I thought Marvel couldn't sink any lower... I mean, who in the world thought that a tagline like "Marvel history is destroyed" would cause people to want to read these comics? Honestly though, Marvel has been destroying their history for a long time now, so I guess it's not really that much of a shock. If a character's past doesn't matter anymore, why would I be interested in their future?
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 12, 2018 11:03:30 am
  • Many of my friends have been asking me for years why I am so upset at Marvel Comics. I believe this "new" idea of theirs just proves my point 1000%!!!
    Doesn't Marvel realize it's us oldies who keep them in business?
    Do they think mobs of 12 year-olds are buying Marvel comics these days? Um, they aren't. They barely read anything but their phones.
    It's the long time Marvel Zombies who have kept them in the comic book making business for these past 50 years. So why do they keep insulting us with these dumb- new ideas to destroy their "history"? It just baffles me and makes me furious.
    I have no problems with updating and writing new stories for all the new fans of Marvel (thanks mostly to the newer movies). Why does that have to include slaps to the face for long-time readers every time, though?
    Marvel, I'm begging you, fix this madness right now! You are destroying my love of comic books (and have been doing so for quite a few years now).
  • Posted: December 12, 2018 3:48:01 pm
  • I was JUST about to post up that after seeing the teasers, it had a very, "What If?" or "Alternate Universe" type of feel and now... it's been announced that it's part of a Cosmic Ghost Rider 6-issue mini-series. So, there you go! It's just Marvel realising and hoping(!??!) that with Cosmic Ghost Rider they now have a super-powered, cosmic style Deadpool. So, take the teasers and the series for what they truly are - a cash grab :-p
  • Posted: December 12, 2018 3:53:05 pm
  • Problem is people will still throw their money at these books hoping they hit the jackpot on a hot book.
    If we as readers/collectors just put our money in our pocket and walked away they would stop this madness!
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 12, 2018 4:23:40 pm
  • Even if it is just a mini-series, knowing Marvel these days I wouldn't be surprised if they axe everything, reboot, and make it canon.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 13, 2018 3:43:52 pm
  • This is exactly what longtime Marvel fans have been clamoring for! Please destroy all of Marvel history, please, pretty please? Wow what an early Christmas present. Thanks Marvel!

As a Wolverine fan, I thought it was terrible when Jeph Loeb created Romulus and retconned Wolverine's past, saying that everything bad that happened in Wolverine's life, including Weapon X, was due to Romulus. And also creating these sub-mutants called Lycans, or some such. I really hated all of that.

But now, the current Marvel, makes Loeb's retconn of Wolverine look like child's play.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's Since I Could Die Tomorrow Soft Cover # 2
  • Marvel Comics's Thunderbolts Issue # 4
  • Dren Productions's Under a Blood Red Moon Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46