feature requests

Marvel Comics Regains Conan License (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel Comics Regains Conan License

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 12, 2018 2:05:42 pm
  • I wonder if they'll go with legacy numbering. Laughing

Conan the Barbarian will return to Marvel Comics following an 18-year absence.

Marvel Entertainment and Conan Properties International announced an agreement today to bring Robert E. Howard’s famed pulp hero back to the comics publisher beginning in January 2019.

Read more - https://www.cbr.com/marvel-comics-conan-license/

"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 12, 2018 2:50:45 pm
  • I’m hoping they reboot the Savage Sword of Conan magazine format.
  • Posted: January 14, 2018 11:47:48 am
  • Good for Marvel? As much as I enjoyed the Marvel run of Conan the Barbarian, I think Dark Horse has done an admirable job for the past 10+ years! I wonder how this came to be?
  • Posted: January 14, 2018 12:41:53 pm
  • I would imagine the contract for the rights ran out for Dark Horse and Marvel ponied up a lot more cash for the rights going forward than DH.

• Posted: January 14, 2018 6:54:33 pm
  • Soon Disney will own EVERYTHING!
  • Posted: January 14, 2018 8:27:40 pm
  • I doubt they own Conan...just the right to publish comics and maybe do a movie.
    I know there has been talk to do a King Conan movie with Arnold reprising the role of Conan.

• Posted: January 18, 2018 2:00:33 am
  • brucifer said:
    Good for Marvel? As much as I enjoyed the Marvel run of Conan the Barbarian, I think Dark Horse has done an admirable job for the past 10+ years! I wonder how this came to be?

I'm in agreement here. Conan under Dark Horse has had some remarkable artists and writers on the title and it's been a favorite top of the pile pull of mine for many years. You can tell that Dark Horse has a lot of respect for the character in the overall quality of the issues. Hopefully, Marvel will continue to keep Conan at the same level of quality it's been at. . .but I ain't holding my breath.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 18, 2018 2:03:59 am
  • Canuck said:
    I would imagine the contract for the rights ran out for Dark Horse and Marvel ponied up a lot more cash for the rights going forward than DH.

I was wondering how Marvel was able to include a Conan picture on their 2018 giveaway calendar. I guess this is the answer.
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: January 19, 2018 2:40:50 pm
  • Best thing to ever come out of Marvel's Conan was Red Sonja, the version created by Barry Windsor Smith and Roy Thomas. That's the character that got me into even picking up an issue.

Conan was once a very popular character. Decades ago it was even the main inspiration for the He-Man/Masters of the Universe action figures.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 14
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Special # 18
  • DC Comics's Power Girl Issue # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Predator: The Last Hunt Issue # 1f