feature requests

DC Comics To Relaunch Everything With #1s Again This Summer With A Film/TV Bent (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Comics To Relaunch Everything With #1s Again This Summer With A Film/TV Bent

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 9:55:28 am
  • Just great. d'oh! Fans are getting tired of all these reboots. We predicted this would happen and here we are. Maybe the big two in the industry will figure out that what sells isn't a reboot. It's great writers/storylines paired with great artists/art.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 14, 2016 12:49:37 pm
  • DC'S "REBIRTH" ROSTER COULD LOOK VERY FAMILIAR
    All the questions and rumors about DC's "Rebirth" boil down to three areas to me -- what's staying, what's going, and what's new.

To be sure, with DC Comics not much is especially "new," and I suspect that's even more true this time around. That makes it easier to speculate on the post-Rebirth structure, but it also means the publisher has to avoid any perception of retreat. Essentially, DC is caught once again between the Direct Market's desire for stability (and, ideally, predictability) and the need to cultivate new fans. This time, though, the doomsday rhetoric seems to be even more dire.

While I can't do much about that, I did use the publisher's April solicitations to come up with a pre-Rebirth roster, and then factored in the December sales figures.

After sprinkling some fairy dust and speaking some magic words backwards (as you do), here are my educated guesses regarding what "Rebirth" could mean in terms of DC's future publishing slate.

Read more-
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/dc-comics-rebirth-roster-could-look-very-familiar
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom Soft Cover # 9
  • DC Comics's The Brave and the Bold Issue # 54facsimile-c
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 505b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4big wave