feature requests

BREVOORT: SECRET WARS Was 'The Last FANTASTIC FOUR Story' (Comic Book Forums)

• BREVOORT: SECRET WARS Was 'The Last FANTASTIC FOUR Story'

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 15, 2016 2:49:56 pm
  • When asked if the Fantastic Four were "on a shelf," Brevoort said, “It's a shelf in that the Fantastic Four as a unit are now split up. Ben and Johnny are in Guardians [of the Galaxy], Inhumans and Uncanny Avengers, and there isn't a Fantastic Four title. None of these characters are dead, though. Therefore, the future will inevitably and invariably get to a point where we'll see more of Reed, Sue, Franklin, Val, Dragon Man and the Future Foundation."

As for when readers will see the FF return, Brevoort was somewhat cagey.

"We will get to that point. I don't know that we'll get to it quickly. Maybe we will. Maybe we won't. Hopefully we'll get to it when you least expect it so their reappearance on the Marvel stage can have some resonance to it.”

Read more here - http://www.newsarama.com/27524-brevoort-calls-secret-wars-9-the-last-fantastic-four-story.html
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 16, 2016 2:28:58 am
  • For sure they will never get back together again in a Fantastic Four comic until Disney owns or at least shares ownership in their movie rights.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: January 19, 2016 10:11:55 am
  • Man, what a mess. It's sad they've had to split up these characters. That tells me that they believe the original Marvel superhero team cannot hold a book on their own. And I agree. FF has suffered from horrible writing. I can't even remember the last good FF story I read, ... it was probably over 15 years ago. I remember the storylines from the 80s-90s. It was an exciting time. The writers were smart, pushed the team into an almost Star Trek way of saving the world but yet had humor and so many wonderful characters that tied in.

I tried to get into the more modern stories but they were too cliche. It's like the writers couldn't figure out where to take the characters next. No development, no growth. So they would resort to the same old catchphrases and the same old conflicts. There was a short run where they brought in Storm and Black Panther to run the team, but it was short lived. How I wish Marvel would bring in a team that actually cared about the characters. Someone who remembers what the book was once like and who would want to make it exciting again. But I've lost all faith in what Marvel is doing with their comic books. At least I have over 400+ back issues to go through and reread.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 2d
  • Schanes & Schanes's Heavy Metal Original Cel Issue nn
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7
  • Marvel Comics's War Machine Issue # 10b