feature requests

Hints / Covers for Upcoming Marvel Books (Comic Book Forums)

• Hints / Covers for Upcoming Marvel Books

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 30, 2015 7:15:10 pm
  • Look at all those number 1 issues. Ugh.
  • Posted: June 30, 2015 7:37:39 pm
  • No kidding. They said something like 60 new #1 are coming out...I mean, I guess I get it as they are really switching up some teams and creating new books, but in the past they just said 'New Team' and people bought the issue regardless of the number.

Nice to get a sense of what is coming, though. Whether or not I buy into them is another issue ;)

I am pretty over the whole reboot / issue number. I want them to just back to good stories and not speculation fodder and fanboy bait.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 1, 2015 8:31:40 am
  • Couldn't agree more octoberland! Some of those titles are actually new titles themselves, like Spider-Gwen, Ms. Marvel, etc. . . the worst is when they hook you with the first few issues and then decide to cancel after the first 12 issues. I was thinking of picking up 1 or 2 titles, but might just decide to skip the whole "relaunch" thing now that I think about it. The whole concept is getting a bit "old" man . . . Logan [, couldn't resist that]
  • Posted: July 1, 2015 1:01:05 pm
  • GenesisDay07 said:
    I was thinking of picking up 1 or 2 titles, but might just decide to skip the whole "relaunch" thing now that I think about it. The whole concept is getting a bit "old" man . . . Logan [, couldn't resist that]

Nice Smile

Yeah, I am thinking that there are maybe one or two books I will keep up with because I like where they are currently. In particular I am really liking the Inhumans run. I think it is silly to restart after 14 issues, but the team is staying on the project and I love the whole Inhuman thing anyway. Same with Ms. Marvel, that book has been really outstanding. I am going to have to check out Doctor Strange as he is one of my top characters. However, I am dubious of him wielding a battle axe on the cover. For him, though, I will absolutely buy the first issue. After that...?

Otherwise I am not sure I really care. A billion new Avenger teams to appease every demographic and an egregious amount of Spider-man related titles...blarg.

I think I will sit this one out until I find out more about them, and then back into anything of interest. In the meantime, more money for the Silver Age Smile

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 17, 2015 6:02:15 pm
  • Thanks for sharing this. I had seen it before somewhere and could not find it afterward. Carnage series is the only thing I am interested in.
  • Posted: July 17, 2015 10:19:12 pm
  • mowglismlxl said:
    Thanks for sharing this. I had seen it before somewhere and could not find it afterward. Carnage series is the only thing I am interested in.

Glad it helped you out! I am looking forward to rackreading some of these, but unsure what I will actually be purchasing. Getting rebooted sooooooo often is getting ridiculous IMHO.

I guess we have to believe they have some sort of a master plan!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: July 20, 2015 1:51:05 am
  • octoberlandI guess we have to believe they have some sort of a master plan!- Craig Coffman[/quote said:

. . . we can only hope . . .
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 7c
  • Marvel Comics's Deadpool: Badder Blood TPB # 1
  • Eroticon Productions's Frankfurter Funnies Issue # 1
  • DC Comics's Metro Comics: Batman with Robin the Teen Wonder Issue # 1