feature requests

Batman is taking a beating in Batman the Dark Knight (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman is taking a beating in Batman the Dark Knight

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 1, 2014 6:43:36 am
  • Can't say I have been a real fan of the dark night series to begin with....it's always been on and off.
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: February 3, 2014 2:42:00 am
  • I agree that its been up and down. But, the first arc was some of the worst I've read lately. I thought it picked up with the scarecrow run and the mad hatter was decent too. I vaguely remember the story after that as being eh, and ive already forgotten what's going on now, but I don't think it's anywhere as near as bad as the first several issues. Anyways, it's ending in March isn't it? Honestly, I think Detective Comics is worse, but that seems as unlikely as a new hard reboot.
  • Posted: February 3, 2014 7:33:38 am
  • I am hoping for at least one good comic line featuring Batman after the reboot. It is horrible DC can not find someone to do some real good work with the property.
  • Posted: February 3, 2014 7:34:14 am
  • vesalius said:
    I agree that its been up and down. But, the first arc was some of the worst I've read lately. I thought it picked up with the scarecrow run and the mad hatter was decent too. I vaguely remember the story after that as being eh, and ive already forgotten what's going on now, but I don't think it's anywhere as near as bad as the first several issues. Anyways, it's ending in March isn't it? Honestly, I think Detective Comics is worse, but that seems as unlikely as a new hard reboot.

Will agree with the scarecrow run, it was decent.

As for Detective....I would have to disagree. At least we always knew where we stood with Batman in the series and it's been pretty consistent. Granted the some of the stories have been eh...but, it always keeps me interested. It's gotta be hard after umpteen thousand years to keep something fresh.

I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: February 3, 2014 11:35:55 am
  • For what it's worth, I read(and flip) ALL of the Batman new 52 stuff. Based on my reading appreciation and taking the aftermarket into account, this is the order of "good" batman series being made these days:

1- Batman-Snyder and Capullo are doing it right.
    2- Detective Comics- Not bad, but not great or captivating.
    3- Batman and Robin- Meh. Was kinda fun, now just meanders...
    4- Batman The Dark Knight- WAS okay, but has just gone downhill.
    5- Batman and Superman- ??? I have no clue what to think of this book. If it was the ONLY Batman book, it would be okay at best.

Again, this list takes into account how much I enjoy the book and look forward to reading it every month as well as how well it does in the aftermarket. I have a LOT of Batman TDK #1's of different printings and full sets that rarely, if ever, sell. Snyder's Batman sets and single issues(especially 1,4 and 6-they are the hottest of them all, especially 4) sell within a day or so of being listed( I have a LOT of these sets, 1st prints of all of 'em). Detective is a little slower, but sets still sell. batman and Robin also sells sparsely, in sets and single issues, and I'm kinda not too sure about the whole Batman AND...(which is basically Brave and the Bold 2014).

Most of my reading attention these days is over at Image and other Indie stuff. It seems that the market reflects this as well, with Afterlife With Archie, Black Science, Day Men, Cryptozoic Man, Manifest Destiny, and Dead Body Road not only at the top of my reading list but also doing great in the aftermarket.
  • Posted: February 4, 2014 2:57:39 pm
  • I think you have nailed it on the order, Kurtlove666. I picked up the Batman/Superman title when it first started, and it was atrocious. Out of faith in Batman, I picked up the second hoping for it to gain momentum, but no luck was had. Overall, DC is not showing our caped crusader much love.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 1
  • Image Comics's Monstress Issue # 50
  • DC Comics's Nubia and the Justice League Special Issue # 1d
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's The Madness TPB # 1