feature requests

DC Books to be returned/destroyed (Comic Book Forums)

• DC Books to be returned/destroyed

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 31, 2013 4:54:19 pm
  • So this is strange, Diamond has sent us paperwork to rip covers off books and return them. Either due to creative disputes, content issues, etc. They would not give us an exact reason.

Titles include Superman Unchained #4, Red Hood and the Outlaws #25, Katana #9, Batwoman #25, Justice League of America #9 and Constantine #8

Anyone know what is going on here? I could not find any common artists, writers, between all these.
    We are Eugene/Springfield Oregon's only one stop destination store for not only comic books, but also table top games, board games, and card games.

http://www.facebook.com/castleofgames
  • Posted: January 1, 2014 8:30:12 am
  • Are they returnable? I.e. DC said you could order as many Batwoman #25's as you want, but if you want you can rip the cover off and return for credit later...
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: January 1, 2014 12:45:31 pm
  • Yea they are returnable.. the exact wording is "authorized return" I did not ask to return anything though. And when I called Diamond and asked what this was all about, they indicated there may some content issues, or creative dispute going on, though never gave me a clear answer.

And it does say to strip the covers.
    We are Eugene/Springfield Oregon's only one stop destination store for not only comic books, but also table top games, board games, and card games.

http://www.facebook.com/castleofgames
  • Posted: January 1, 2014 1:00:05 pm
  • Haven't heard. I find that strange, but maybe reach out to Rich at Bleeding Cool and he can investigate for you with his sources.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: January 1, 2014 4:22:50 pm
  • Another thought is that they are all "authorized" if you want to return them...and you reached a new person (who most often works the holiday shift) and they just don't know... Let us know what you find out.

• Posted: January 1, 2014 7:34:48 pm
  • This is a common practice for Diamond. There is a list of returnable comics just about every week, some are to be stripped, some aren't. One of the reasons for possible return is a late ship date, but this does not always apply. As far as why certain books are returnable, only Diamond seems to know.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Argo Publishing's Argo 5 Issue # 44b
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 7
  • IDW Publishing's Dungeons & Dragons: Saturday Morning Adventures 2 Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 3