feature requests

Swipe File: Skel, Mahnke & Lee (Comic Book Forums)

• Swipe File: Skel, Mahnke & Lee

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 19, 2013 10:36:16 am
  • http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/front-page-comic-news/71340-swipe-file-skel-jim-lee-doug-mahnke.html

I don't normally post these, but I'm a bit of a Mahnke fan, so not crediting him in any way (unless I missed it) kind of gets my goat. I actually posted to her facebook page and blog a few times. She blocked me on facebook and turned off comments on her blog. I assumed if she felt what she was doing was legit she'd at least tell me to off.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 19, 2013 12:23:54 pm
  • The two Superman/Batman are complete swipes IMO.
    If you're going to do something so blatant at least say it's a homage to whoever you're swiping.
    Unfortunately it happens all the time and until someone gets there sued big time it will continue to happen. Shame on you

Last edited June 19, 2013 12:24:26 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: June 19, 2013 2:08:14 pm
  • It's bad enough copying someone else's artwork without acknowledgement but to then add pretentious text makes it even worse for me. I'll try to comment on her Facebook page too.
  • Posted: June 19, 2013 2:10:30 pm
  • Take a screen cap when you do, because I'm sure she'll delete it and block you right away!

If she had simply given the original artists credit on the canvas or on the website, I would have rolled my eyes and walked away, but not acknowledging them and not allowing others to mention it is really bad form.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: October 28, 2014 6:09:12 pm
  • Those are great! I'm an engineer, so I'm constantly "swiping" old designs. It seems less lazy in my profession.
  • Posted: October 30, 2014 1:09:19 am
  • Makes me wonder if Rob Liefeld has ever drawn anything originally and not swiped from someone else.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sam B. Anson's Santa's Secrets Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Boy Issue # 6c
  • Ballantine Books's The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt Hard Cover nn
  • Marvel Comics's Web of Spider-Man Issue # 11b