feature requests

Swipe File: Kate Woodger And Disney (Comic Book Forums)

• Swipe File: Kate Woodger And Disney

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 8, 2013 4:24:47 pm
  • I wonder if Disney will cough up some cash, or will they just fight it in court until she quits...that way Disney won't be in the wrong Not talking. Personally I hope she gets something and more than an apology.
    If things were reversed Disney would want something...probably her first born.
    Not right Disney cough up some $$$

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/04/08/swipe-file-kate-woodger-and-disney/

Last edited April 8, 2013 4:44:03 pm
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: April 8, 2013 10:04:28 pm
  • I hope she gets a good lawyer... it would be good for Disney to lose every once and a while, and this should be an open and shut case with halfway decent legal counsel

Unfortunately I know nothing about ip law
  • Posted: April 15, 2013 2:31:25 pm
  • Chances are they will settle out of court and that will be the end of it.

If she chooses to publicly fight she will be bled dry since Disney's lawyers will just drown her legal team in a sea of motions and filings that the average person would never be able to afford.
  • Posted: April 15, 2013 8:29:51 pm
  • I hope she can press her case but it's David vs Goliath I fear.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: April 15, 2013 8:33:26 pm
  • I'm pretty sure the whole thing will suddenly disappear and we'll never hear the end result. That's usually how the out of court settlements end.
  • Posted: May 29, 2013 3:24:57 pm
  • I've had the same problem, to a smaller degree, and was never able to make anything come of it. I used to have an account on Spreadshirt with my personal designs, only to have larger companies swipe the designs and use it on their online t-shirt stores. Being a teen/early 20s kid I had absolutely no legal recourse other than to email them with empty threats.

I'm hoping she's able to do something about this.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 35 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Aquaman: The Becoming Issue # 5b
  • DC Comics's Black Manta Issue # 5
  • Ablaze Media's He Who Fights With Monsters Issue # 5e
  • Marvel Comics's She-Hulk Issue # 1illum-a