feature requests

PETER DAVID needs your help! (Comic Book Forums)

• PETER DAVID needs your help!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 4, 2013 8:12:10 am
  • As mentioned by rpenny88 here http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/10/17173/peter-david-suffers-stroke, Peter David had a stroke in the closing days on 2012 (the 30th I think).

Whether you realize it or not, the man has most likely written somthing you've read (or watched). He's increadibly prolific. Two incredibly long Marvel runs (Incredible Hulk and X-Factor), some great DC (Aquaman and Young Justice), reams of sci-fi novels (some young adult, some Star Trek), TV scripts (Babylon 5 and DC cartoons), he even wrote a non-fiction book about the industry (Writing for Comics and Graphic Novels with Peter David, awesome read, even if you don't plan on writing anything yourself). He's a bit polarizing (especially in the 90's during his Hulk run), but it can't be argued that he's a big pusher of the comics industry. The man has won an Eisner and a GLAAD media award. Few people can say that.

Here's my point... and I do have one, lol. Kathleen (PAD's wife) mention in his blog today, after the daily update on his recovery, that even though they do have inssurance, things are going to be financially quite difficult this year. It was recommended that if people want to help, picking up one of his books through Amazon would really help. Personally, Pulling Up Stakes looks pretty good, and I'm going to pick it up when I can pull some money together. I recommend everyone at least thinks about it, too.

If you want to read Kathleen's update, you can read it here http://www.peterdavid.net/2013/01/04/here-is-how-you-can-help-peter/.

Also, please share!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 35 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Titan Comics's Horizon: Zero Dawn - Liberation Issue # 4b
  • Marvel Comics's She-Hulk Issue # 1illum-a
  • IDW Publishing's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Free Comic Book Day 2022 Issue fcbd
  • Murray Comics's Texas Rangers in Action Issue nn