feature requests

Dan Slott receiving Death Threats over ASM current ARC!!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Dan Slott receiving Death Threats over ASM current ARC!!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 18, 2012 12:28:33 pm
  • This is crazy......

Following the leak of "Amazing Spider-Man" #700 late last week, series writer Dan Slott said he would be going radio silent about the issue. While Slott has remained quiet about the comic, the creator has remained visible and vocal on social media including Twitter and Facebook, stating that he has been receiving death threats over the events of his current, and concluding, "Amazing Spider-Man" arc. In response to these tweets, the writer has announced a zero-tolerance policy toward receiving threats, declaring he is now reporting each one to the proper authorities.

"Reality check: There is NO such thing as a 'funny death threat,'" Slott said on Sunday via Facebook. "Especially if you TAG someone in it. If you think, because of something happening to a FICTIONAL character, that you need to type out a death threat and SEND it to someone: You. Need. Help. If you follow my twitter, you know I've taken a devilish bit of delight in re-posting these (mainly because they usually make the OP look like a raving loon-- and, for a time, that WAS funny to me.) Well... That's over. From now on, they ALL get reported. The End."

Slott's zero-tolerance policy was also broadcast over his Twitter, appearing in an individual Tweet and in his profile at the top of his feed.

When contacted by CBR, Slott declined to comment on the situation.

story from http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=42731
  • Posted: December 18, 2012 3:01:40 pm
  • Yup, stupid crazy!!
    Some people need to get a grip on reality or just check themselves in to the nut house
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: December 18, 2012 3:57:40 pm
  • I can understand not liking the story, but enough to type out death threats? That's a new kind of crazy/stupid.
  • Posted: December 25, 2012 2:14:57 pm
  • Some people are just absurd. Just wait a while for a new arc that you like. Explore another title that you haven't before while this arc runs its course. Sometimes people just make me sick.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: December 25, 2012 6:14:59 pm
  • There are some real nuts out there. Remember when Battlestar Galactica was cancelled? There were threats of suicide if it was not renewed. Brick wallBrick wallBrick wall
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: December 26, 2012 9:30:24 pm
  • I agree that no one should be making death threats, under any circumstances, and people need to get a grip.

At the same time, I have to be honest, I feel a little bit like Dan Slott courted this. I mean, he has been playing up the fact that everyone was going to be for months. He knew it was going to happen, and hes been joking about it and using the media to give himself more attention.

Now all of a sudden hes upset about all of the negative attention... I have to say, to some extent, given the way he has treated this previously, I feel a little like he is just using this to get himself more free publicity. Maybe if he hadnt made such a joke of it previously, I would feel different, but right now I feel its a bit disingenuous.
  • Posted: January 27, 2013 6:28:41 pm
  • Wow people need to chill. Maybe kick back and light one up and read something other than ASM. Think
  • Posted: July 5, 2013 11:20:35 pm
  • Read something other than ASM? Seriously? The bad news is Dan is still here and ASM is gone Sad Should have been the other way around. I mean fired not dead chill out people ... none the less he has done a dis service to all collectors. I am still missing this book patiently waiting for what he did to be undone and put back into order the way things should be. Make the universe one again.
  • Posted: July 15, 2013 11:59:14 am
  • I kinda like the whole ...lets kill all the villains that Doc Ock's Spider-Man is currently doing Laughing
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Issue # 53
  • Marvel Comics's The Uncanny X-Men Issue # 461b
  • Artists Writers & Artisans's U & I  Issue # 3b
  • Marvel Comics's Venom: Dark Origin Issue # 1