feature requests

High Value Comics stolen at Wizard World Ohio. (Comic Book Forums)

• High Value Comics stolen at Wizard World Ohio.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 1, 2012 12:39:27 pm
  • as per this Bleeding Cool Report Keep em peeled for:-

CGC 8.5 Brave and the Bold 28
    GCG 8.0 Fantastic Four #5

Both stolen at the Wizard World Ohio Con on September 29th.
  • Posted: October 1, 2012 1:42:46 pm
  • Ouch.

I hope their rightful owner/s is/are reunited with them soon.
    'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
  • Posted: November 2, 2012 1:08:55 am
  • Man...

I got to say for the most part, the comic book community is richly full of great folks and collectors. I have yet to interact with anyone from the community that hasnt been helpful or respectful.

As is with most communities, there are a few that have no respect. Hopefully the rightful owner will be reunited with the comics in the same exact condition.

I feel for the owner. Because of this incident, that owner is less likely to help out the next collector that has proper intentions when viewing the owners collection.

I will be on the look out for both on ebay. I usually scan the prices daily.
    I celebrate myself, And what I assume you shall assume. For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you. -Walt Whitman
  • Posted: November 3, 2012 10:42:33 am
  • Here's some more info regarding the stolen books, which supplies large scans of them in the case that the books are removed from the casing:

http://www.stolencomic.com/

Qlorn said:
    I feel for the owner. Because of this incident, that owner is less likely to help out the next collector that has proper intentions when viewing the owners collection.

Greg is one of the best comic dealers around; had the pleasure of meeting him at the con before the incident occurred...very nice and helpful. He may be wary the next time around, but will always help out collectors even after this. Angel

I really hope the punk(s) are caught Evil or Very Madand the books are returned safely...Pray
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: November 3, 2012 1:43:47 pm
  • How?? How in the world can nearly $40k worth of books just walk?? If you are showing these then you do NOT turn your back? And why would you show both at the same time? Assuming same person took both. Did it happen overnight during security watch?? I don't get it......
    I'm not saying....I'm just saying...
  • Posted: November 3, 2012 7:16:50 pm
  • i think the bleeding cool article got confused about the books - there were 2 books stolen from greg reece, but it was Avengers #4 and FF #5. The B&B #28 was a different incident. And not sure where it was stolen there
  • Posted: November 25, 2012 2:05:05 pm
  • Very sad indeed. It seems there will always be that person in the group. I agree it is harder for things to get taken however it does happen. Hopefully they will get the books back in the same condition. And others have said he will help out others still. that is a good thing though im sure he will be wary and who could blame him.
  • Posted: November 27, 2012 10:34:12 am
  • May a thousand camels decorate the bedroom of the one that did this!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: December 15, 2012 12:34:34 pm
  • Quality Comix really lives up to their name. Well done.
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 35 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Avengers Issue # 52
  • Image Comics's Frontiersman Issue # 5
  • Hirsh Industries's Hidden Assets Issue nn
  • Marvel Comics's Ms. Marvel Issue # 21