feature requests

Comic Legend Joe Simon passed away at age 98 (Comic Book Forums)

• Comic Legend Joe Simon passed away at age 98

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 15, 2011 3:52:08 pm

• We are saddened to report that comic book legend Joe Simon has died at the age of 98, according to his son’s posting on Facebook. Simon co-created Captain America for which he is most revered and also other characters including the Sandman, the Fly, and countless more characters.

Simon along with his partner Jack Kirby were two of the mainstays in taking comic to the heights they are today. Together the pair revolutionized the pages of comics in numerous genres including superhero, romance, western, and horror.

Joe Simon was a noted guest at numerous conventions and events and adored by comic fans. He was one of the true gentlemen of the comic book industry.

RIP Joe

Crying or Very sad
    tt
    You build your collection one book at a time and day by day it seem to stay the same. Then one day KA BLAM it gotten out of control. Thanks mom I love you.

" I'm not insane, my mom had me tested." Sheldon BIG BANG THEORY
    " Holy on a CRACKER" Pennie BIG BANG THEORY

http://www.comixcon.com/
    http://www.kenmore-komics.com/
  • Posted: December 15, 2011 7:51:48 pm
  • Thank you, Mr. Simon, for bringing us a American icon...and being a true legend in your own right. RIP Sad
    Pick-ups this month
    ?

On the way...
    The Avengers (Vol. 1) #58
    Silver Surfer (Vol. 1) #2
    Crisis on Infinite Earths DC/Wal-Mart 100-pg Giant

Submitted/Back from CGC...
    ?

• Posted: December 16, 2011 11:52:30 am
  • bookwoim2 said:
    Thank you, Mr. Simon, for bringing us a American icon...and being a true legend in your own right. RIP Sad

Amen. RIP Sad
  • Posted: December 17, 2011 9:09:50 pm
  • Sad

What a legend to leave.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: May 1, 2012 1:59:10 pm
  • Didn't Joe Simon create Captain Freedom from the golden age anthology book Speed Comics? I love Speed Comics!
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 35 days, 22 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Ben Reilly: Spider-Man Issue # 1b
  • Marvel Comics's Black Panther Issue # 1ddc/jolzar-b
  • IDW Publishing's Sleeping Beauties Issue # 9b
  • Old in the Streets's Spit in the Ocean Soft Cover # 5