feature requests

Batman: The Dark Knight (Comic Book Forums)

• Batman: The Dark Knight

Author Discussion
  • Posted: August 1, 2006 1:43:42 pm
  • It was annouced today that Heath Ledger will be playing the new "joker" in the highly anticipated sequel to the new Batman franchise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14137821/

I personally was worried that they were just going to do Begins as a lead in for the old stuff, and then maybe skip the old stuff and do somemore bad guys.

I am not too sure what to make of them basically redoing the franchise from the ground up.

Your thoughts?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: August 1, 2006 3:21:09 pm
  • I am cautiously optimistic about any casting news I hear. They could do worse than Heath Ledger.

I don't mind so much that they're starting over from scratch. It's kind of how they start up a new title when they want to explore a different aspect of the character. There's so much history there and so many different interpretations, I think it would be difficult to make a long running series that had a single unifying history.

I just hope the Joker eviscerates an effigy of Joel Schumacer (sp?) at the beginning TDK. Those last two movies still make my blood boil.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 10 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Heavy Metal's Heavy Metal Issue # 313
  • Marvel UK's Indiana Jones Issue # 2
  • Marvel UK's Indiana Jones Issue # 10
  • AfterShock Comics's The Heathens Issue # 3