feature requests

Dwayne McDuffie tribute in new Static Shock Special 1 shot (Comic Book Forums)

• Dwayne McDuffie tribute in new Static Shock Special 1 shot

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 6, 2011 10:39:07 pm
  • The newly released Static Shock Special by DC comics has a great tribute to Dwayne McDuffie inside it's pages and is really what makes the comic worth your $2.99. as the plot of the story is touching but ultimately not really memorable. In the tribute, McDuffie is seen in a comic shop along with the characters Static and Rocket, the following is how some of the dialog is presented...

Static: You know everyone loves you now. Your obituary got a quarter page in the Time, more in the LA Times. They even ran something about your passing in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. No joke, I googled it. My point is....everybody loves you now, because you're no longer a threat. Folks who ignored and belittled your work in life are anoiniting you in death.

Rocket: It's like Dr. King

Static: I was going for Philip K. but the same principle applies. Just when the fans had figured out you were deep, too. I mean, the giant subway token in John Tower's trophy room? Too subtle? Wow

Rocket: Worst of all, people who despised you now get to tell your story. They'll add and subtract stuff to suit their purposes. Nothing we can do about it.

Static: That's just what happens to legends. You're one of us now.

Rocket: Yeah, welcome to Dakota

1 post • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1trinity
  • Eroticon Productions's Frankfurter Funnies Issue # 2
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 6
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46d