feature requests

Spider man 3 Trailer (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-man 3 Trailer

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 27, 2006 6:22:31 pm
  • Venom's closeups look like a guy in a rubber mask.

I'm pretty sure I'll still drag myself to the theater, though.

Although I'm not entirely sure, after seeing X-Men III (and I didn't even pay for that, thank Godd).
    --
    Antny
  • Posted: June 28, 2006 1:24:15 am
  • I didn't see Eddie Brock/Venom in the trailer, but there's a poster floating around (I found it through Comicbookresoures.com, can't remember what the actual host site was), where it was really tough to figure out what he's supposed to look like. I thought he looked good in the trailer, just as a reshading of the spider-man costume. There are some obvious giveaways of the story, such as the bell tower scene.

This brings up a side point: I'm assuming people who are reading this are going to see the trailer before seeing the movie. Should I still have a spoiler warning on this? Consider anything I have to say after this in this post to be spoiler-ish...

Another interesting point is that they waited this long to bring up Gwen Stacy. Is she going to survive a whole movie? If you want to talk about not following canon, one of the few, yet major, complaints I had about the first two movies is that they portray MJ as Peter's first love interest. There would have been much more tragedy and drama in bringing Gwen up early and killing her in Spiderman 2 (the dr. Octopus connection) or 3 (She's blonde, just too cute to kill so soon).

Anywho, there are going to be [b:d634c6a90d][u:d634c6a90d]3[/b:d634c6a90d][/u:d634c6a90d] villains in #3. Sinister 6 in Spider-Man 6? you know I'll be there. I hope to still be here too.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: July 7, 2006 8:01:28 am
  • The two villians in 3 are going to be Sandman and Green Goblin (harry). and for 4 it's going to be Venom.

And where do you see the Venom mask Antjenkins?

They were actually filming 3 and 4 at the same time.

So, I think what's going to happen is Spidey is going to have the black costume in 3 while fighting Sandman and GG - the bell tower scene is pretty much at the end of the movie when he's trying to get rid of it.

and then we'll see the black costume slither towards Eric Foreman and we'll get a view of either the shadow of Venom or maybe a 1 second face shot with a big "To be continued" in the end to build up interest for SM 4

You heard it here first fellas! Wink

Last edited July 7, 2006 9:53:48 am
  • Posted: July 7, 2006 8:03:50 am
  • Leave it to a Canadian to come up with a crock of S@%&!

We shall see. Good thing we have what almost a year?
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: July 7, 2006 8:05:38 am
  • I rule!!! :-D

I'm a little annoyed that they didn't stay a bit more loyal to the original Black Costume design though. Confused
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 65 years, 10 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
  • Newest
  • Rebellion's 2000 A.D. Issue # 2265
  • TokyoPop/Mixx's Fox and the Little Tanuki Soft Cover # 4
  • Marvel Comics's Marvel Spotlight Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's X Lives of Wolverine Issue # 1c