feature requests

Superman Returns (Comic Book Forums)

• Superman Returns

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 26, 2006 2:43:43 pm
  • Hey, has anyone heard anything about some new Superman movie? Rolling Eyes There's a 10pm screening tomorrow night in Topeka, for those of you in the area. I got my ticket last night, and they said that they're no where near sold out yet.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: June 26, 2006 7:49:07 pm
  • I am ashamed to admit it, but I am not too excited about seeing it. I mean I want to, but it is not like I have been planning on it for weeks.

Granted I have been super swamped lately and have had no time, but still. Makes me sad.
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 26, 2006 7:58:22 pm
  • I'm usually at a normal level of excitement about a comic book movie, but I thought it came out Friday, and we were going to be on the road starting then for a week, so we wouldn't be able to see it until well after the fourth. I'm also a sucker for a good trailer. I know they only show the best parts edited in the most exciting way, But Whatever.

It's a good time to be a Fanboy! :smt098
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
  • Posted: June 28, 2006 1:47:45 am
  • Spoilers spoilers Spoilers (highlight to read):

[color=white:c42175d071]Okay, where to begin. I hope Singer sticks around for at least a sequel. Say what you want about breaking canon (Lois Lane has a son? That dirty son of a !!!!!), he makes a fine film. He makes a Heck of a leap from Superman II to the beginning of this story (in a single bound, one might say), but you know what? By the time Clark gets back to the Daily Planet, I don't care. Brandon Routh is Superman, whether he's trying to be Christopher Reeves or not. I feel that the JL/Clancy Brown is a little more in character for Lex Luthor, but Kaiser sose makes a fine Oscar nominated fill-in for Gene Hackman. There's a lot, and I mean a lot, of comic book logic in the film (So, one shard of kryptonite under his skin kind of gives him occasional dramatic fits, but a small island of Kryptonite makes him fall to earth after he gets it past earth's gravitational pull?), but consarnit, this is SUPERMAN we're talking about. You can beat him, but you can't keep him down. I love the religious overtones, and that there's not one G-darn scrap of evidence for anyone trying to tie Singer's sexuality to some agenda in the film. The film stands on its own merits, just as the Schumacher Batman films fail on their own merits. That's just my opinion.

PS, the runt is Superman's son. Good stuff.[/color:c42175d071]
  • Posted: June 28, 2006 9:14:19 am
  • OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the horror! You've ruined it for me! I must now kill myself!

Or not. Whatever.
    --
    Antny
  • Posted: June 28, 2006 9:21:53 am
  • I know, I know. The precautions might seem like a bit much, but I know someone out there appreciates them. The people who do care about that sort of stuff are more vocal than the people who don't.

I should have mentioned:
    1 the special effects are of course, fantastic, and
    2 I think that it's appropriate for kids to see. I'm taking my 3 1/2 year old this weekend anyway, so I'll find out for sure then. I remember seeing Superman III in the theatre, and it scared the out of me.
  • Posted: June 28, 2006 9:38:33 am
  • it is sold out up here but then Brandon Roth is from here, my mother is even friends with his mom, (never met him myself)
    I want to see it on the Imax, but it is sold out for weeks up here.
    Darrin Niday
    Des Moines, IA
  • Posted: June 11, 2008 6:14:44 pm
  • movie was so -so ..... I expected something much more grander and BETTER.....i did like routh tho
  • Posted: June 13, 2008 10:42:55 pm
  • i was let down,because i expected more i dont know but i expected more!Brick wall hopefully " the man of steel " will be better,i love supes but i hope they bring in doomsday!
    I Love Comics
13 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's Atomman Special # 14
  • Ablaze Media's The Prism Issue # 7d
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 83b
  • Marvel Comics's Venomnibus Hard Cover # 1 - 2nd print