This policy is designed to clarify various responsibilities you have here at ComicBookRealm.com's Forums. Please read it and become familiar with it. The terms are retroactive and agreed to by everyone posting in the forums.
- Forum rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Please read the forum descriptions before posting. If you consistently post to the wrong forum you may be given a warning (see policing below).
- You should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning (see policing below).
- You are asked to not act as "back seat moderator". If you notice an issue which contradicts something in this forum policy you are welcome to bring it to the attention of a ComicBookRealm.com Administrator. Only do this if an Administrator has not responded to the questionable post within 6 hours. Please do not take it upon yourself to act as an Administrator.
- You should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning (see policing below).
- You are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. If you violate someone else's copyright, you will receive a warning and your post will be removed.
- You should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which you have not received permission to link to may be removed.
- You should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "Getting a TABLE FULL error upon login", "Cannot Login", etc.
- The Administrator's reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in this policy is up to the Administrator's and not you. However, if you feel that a post should be edited/modified and has not been done so within 6 hours of the initial posting, please contact an Administrator.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (see policing below) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6KB in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, etc.
- Links are permitted in signatures. Such links may be made to ComicBookRealm.com material, etc. Links are included within the text and image limits above. Links to offensive sites may be subject to removal.
- If you abuse these rules, you will be warned (see policing below).
- You are permitted to define your own avatar. Avatars are to be no larger than 100 pixels square, contain no image which attempts to portray you as having an official status here (e.g. mimicking ranks or copying avatars of Administrator's), may not exceed 6KB in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, etc.
- If you abuse these rules, you will be warned (see policing below) and/or may lose your avatar privileges.
- ComicBookRealm.com operates a three strike policy. You will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days. Repeated offenses will result in the dismissal of your account with no refunds (if applicable) given.
- Arguing with Administrator's after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- If you feel you have been unfairly warned, you are welcome to contact Dough Boy, his decision is final.
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban will lead to that ban being made permanent. Circumvention includes re-registering under a non-banned username, changing IP addresses to evade an IP ban, or registering a new e-mail account to evade an e-mail ban. Circumvention also includes posting as an anonymous user.
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when you contact Administrator's personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. You may be subject to an immediate and permanent ban.
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While ComicBookRealm.com may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- Having fun
- The primary goal of the ComicBookRealm.com's forum is to share ideas and stories about the wonderful world of comics. Many of us have been reading and collecting since we were kids. Some are just getting started. For those of us that have been at this for awhile, it is our responsibility to share our knowledge and help make collecting a wonderful experience for others.
- Above all though, it is about having fun.
Last edited May 8, 2017 8:33:30 am
Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile