feature requests

Niagara Falls Comic Con June 6 8th (Comic Book Forums)

• Niagara Falls Comic Con - June 6-8th

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 19, 2013 5:44:09 pm
  • Many guests have already been announced and I am pretty pumped to hear more!

http://niagarafallscomiccon.com/

Here is a quick list of confirmed guests:

William Shatner (Sunday Only)
    Dean Cain
    Ernie Hudson
    Giancarlo Esposito
    Kevin Sorbo
    Jason Priestley
    Luke Perry
    Cast of Comic Book Men
    Tyler Mane
    Tony Todd
    Jason David Frank
    Derek Mears
    Alan Ruck
    R. A. Mihailoff
    Bob Dermer

There is also a fair amount of wrestling guests that appear each year. This year this includes:
    Rick Flair
    Demolition (Tag Team
    Killer Bees (Tag Team)

Artists announced so far:
    Kevin Eastman
    Phil Ortiz
    Dan Parent
    Marco Rudy
    Leonard Kirk

Last edited December 22, 2013 9:20:54 pm
  • Posted: January 14, 2014 6:28:14 pm
  • I'm super excited for this!

I found some great books last year and got lots signed!

I hope they announce some more top-tier artists soon!
  • Posted: January 15, 2014 2:33:55 pm
  • kewilson said:
    I'm super excited for this!

I found some great books last year and got lots signed!

I hope they announce some more top-tier artists soon!

They just announced Del Mundo the cover artist for Marvel so I am excited for that Whistle
  • Posted: January 25, 2014 11:55:52 am
  • Makes me want to get the enhanced license to cross the border.
  • Posted: March 10, 2014 11:39:19 pm
  • Love having a con in my hometown...I'll be there for sure!

I too am also hoping for a few more artists to be announced. I'd be thrilled if they could get Marcos Martin!
  • Posted: June 7, 2014 6:12:56 pm
  • I went to the con today and it was pretty good.

Two best grabs were the Man Thing Omnibus ($140CAN cover price) for $35 and Avengers vol 1 #16 in a 2.5 for $16 (guide valued at $90).

I met Karyn Parsons (Hillary Banks from Fresh Prince) and she was super nice. Her first con appearance. Also spotted Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who) walking around the con with a cup of fries and not a single person noticed but me so that was funny Laughing

Last edited June 7, 2014 6:13:37 pm
  • Posted: June 8, 2014 9:42:04 pm
  • Anybody get any other good pickups?

The Big B $5 bins were my downfall.....I must've bought over 20 books out of there. Most were high grade bronze age 1st apps. Tons of ASM under 300 too. Would've made up a nice run if someone had to money to buy them all!
  • Posted: June 9, 2014 10:16:13 am
  • kewilson said:
    Anybody get any other good pickups?

The Big B $5 bins were my downfall.....I must've bought over 20 books out of there. Most were high grade bronze age 1st apps. Tons of ASM under 300 too. Would've made up a nice run if someone had to money to buy them all!

Nice, I saw those Friday Night and when I went back Saturday all the early ones were gone. I picked up a couple from that bin though for $5, ASM 249 with Hobgoblin, 229 1st Nothing can stop the juggernaut, and #232 vs Mr. Hyde. Also 6 Thor books by Stan Lee & Kirby in the 140s-160, including 1st Ulik and 1st Wrecker. Nice ready copies for sure. Also, Thor 338 vs. Beta Ray Bill. I also grabbed a Spectacular Spidey #1 form the $20 bin but it's kind of wavy I guess, would be the best way to describe it.

I also picked up some Spidey keys from other booths, lower grade but can't go wrong with early Marvel in any grade really;

• Posted: June 9, 2014 10:52:22 am
  • Wow, 1st Black Cat looks really nice!

I'm sorry I missed you there! I was hoping to see you because I needed someone to talk me out of all the comic books I bought, LOL.

I bought a lot of 1st appearances by minor characters. I found Cap. America 359 and 360 which is 1st Crossbones who is going to be in the next Captain America movie. Avengers 158 and 159 which is 1st Graviton who will be in the 2nd season of Agents of SHIELD.

I found Detective Comics 783, 1st Nyssa Al Ghul for $4, as well as 1st app of Anarchy. SSM 9 and 64 for $5 too, 1st app of White Tiger and Cloak & Dagger.
  • Posted: June 14, 2014 10:26:33 pm
  • kewilson said:
    Wow, 1st Black Cat looks really nice!

I'm sorry I missed you there! I was hoping to see you because I needed someone to talk me out of all the comic books I bought, LOL.

I bought a lot of 1st appearances by minor characters. I found Cap. America 359 and 360 which is 1st Crossbones who is going to be in the next Captain America movie. Avengers 158 and 159 which is 1st Graviton who will be in the 2nd season of Agents of SHIELD.

I found Detective Comics 783, 1st Nyssa Al Ghul for $4, as well as 1st app of Anarchy. SSM 9 and 64 for $5 too, 1st app of White Tiger and Cloak & Dagger.

Thanks man, the #194 is my fave pick up. Looks like a nm 9.0 or so. Got a good deal on it.

You got some great pick ups there man, especially cloak and dagger, I need to find one.
11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Alien Books's Machine Girl & The Space Hell Engels Issue # 2b
  • Andrews McMeel Publishing's Out of Left Field TPB # 1
  • Dren Productions's Under a Blood Red Moon Issue # 6b
  • Band of Bards's Working Class Wizards Issue # 2