feature requests

Make your own deviders! (Comic Book Forums)

• Make your own deviders!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 30, 2009 10:37:03 pm
  • Well, I don't really know where to post this so I am going to post this here Smile. I have discovered a kick- way to divide your comics. What you need:

- File folder like this one:

- Scissors:

Step 1) Cut the folder in Half so you will have the Left and Right side of the folder seperated.

Step 2) Cut about 5-7cm off the Left and Right side

Step 3) Cut the top like this so you have a place to put the name of the comic.

There you go, there not as strong as the normal plastic dividers but hey you get 2 of them for 1 folder and you can just recycle the rest. I know this isn't hard to do but I just had to make the steps lol. Your-welcome if this helps....

Last edited December 1, 2009 2:51:10 pm
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 2:59:41 pm
  • 1 - Old Backboards - (we all usually have these lying around)

2 - Tape

3 - Paper and Pen

Cheap, easy and done in no time.

• Posted: December 1, 2009 3:19:22 pm
  • Both of you are wrong:

Call me
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 3:32:16 pm
  • The plastic ones are worth the money, if you have it. If you don't have the money, I think the folder idea is better than nothing.
    "1500 years ago, everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe. 500 years ago, everybody knew that the Earth was flat... and 15 minutes ago, you knew people were alone on this planet. Think about what you'll know tomorrow." - Agent K, Men in Black
    Find answers to CBR FAQs on my profile!
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 3:36:55 pm
  • I am even so that I made my wife's business buy me one of these:

Keep your eyes on Buy.com (I get their daily deal e-mail). I think I bought it for like $10 (retails for $30 I believe).

But yes, anything is better than just alphabetizing (what I used to do).
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

• Posted: December 1, 2009 3:38:35 pm
  • dough boy said:

Call me

Ok,...you're .lol. Very Happy

Heh. Those are good. I have about 200 older ones in use from a shop buy out I did years ago. But with as many titles as I have Shocked it's just easier to whip up a home made one.
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 5:58:06 pm
  • Handwriting vs label maker. Very Happy

lol. Ok the labels do look good.

Some home made "printed" labels on back boards. These fit a little better than the plastic dividers when using a file cabinet.

• Posted: December 1, 2009 6:30:22 pm
  • .......... WOW.

I don't go to that much effort. Currently I don't even consider mine to be ordered. Doesn't help that I recently pulled over 200 comics out to try and sell......

But I tried dividers for a while and didn't get very far.
    Currently Reading:
    Graphic Novels: Nightwing (90s series), Lumberjanes
    Regular Novels: Chronicles of Prydain

Add me on Goodreads
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 6:31:59 pm
  • i'm thinking about using some sort of dividers.
  • Posted: December 1, 2009 7:56:51 pm
  • Maybe Rocket should offer his organizing skills and travel to whomever needs it to organize for a fee. Think

18 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman / Superman: World's Finest Issue # 26g
  • Schanes & Schanes's Dreams of Avalon Issue nn
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1b
  • Square Enix Manga's Soul Eater Hard Cover # 14