feature requests

New user (Comic Book Forums)

• New user

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 14, 2017 6:01:22 pm
  • Hello all, just joined after cleaning out under the stairs. Looking forward to getting my collection sorted out.

I was a huge buyer of comics as a young lad. Read once, maybe, then bagged and boxed from 1990 to now. Mostly mainstream, but if I saw a crossover or new comic, I would always buy in multiples.
    I'm guessing the 1000 or so comic a bought at face value at the time, say $2500, is worth a staggering $250 bucks now lol

Great site so far, can't wait to get cracking on building my list.

Bought as many comics as I could in 88-92. Then got into other things.

• Posted: December 14, 2017 7:32:48 pm
  • Welcome to the realm. Very busy & helpful community here. Very active forums. Hope you enjoy yourself...
    "How to destroy a man... Grant him his heart's desire." --Victor Von Doom
    - - - - - - - - - -
    Latest Additions
    Secret Wars #1 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... Cameo Emperor Doom!!
    Secret Wars #2 CGC 9.8 Dr. Doom Custom Label... 1st full app of Emperor Doom!!!
  • Posted: December 14, 2017 10:26:35 pm
  • Already a little disappointed at some values. I would have thought the Batman, Death in the Family set would be worth a little more?

I remember missing those and my Dad shelled out a hundred bucks at the time for all 4. Comic shop said they’re be going up about 600% over the next few years. Lol right.

Last edited December 14, 2017 10:27:21 pm

• Posted: December 15, 2017 4:52:45 am
  • Spetz01 said:
    Already a little disappointed at some values. I would have thought the Batman, Death in the Family set would be worth a little more?

I remember missing those and my Dad shelled out a hundred bucks at the time for all 4. Comic shop said they’re be going up about 600% over the next few years. Lol right.

It didn't help that Jason Todd came back to life. The story is still awesome but bringing him back really hurt the impact of it.

You do have a really nice run of Batman though. Welcome to the site.
  • Posted: December 16, 2017 3:53:46 pm
  • Love this site, got my whole stack inventoried. Found everything but a few in the database. Surprised at some values to say the least. I had prices on stickers from way back, 1993 or so. Most of the have fallen, but some of the old Amazing Spider-Man’s have gone way up. McFafarlanes early work.
    Also happy to see Infinity Gauntlet went up! Glad I bought those in multiples at the time.
    And very happy to see my Wierd War Tales is a great set to have. Missing maybe three, I assessed the whole set at medium condition, good average I guess. Most are mid, non are poor at all

• Posted: December 18, 2017 12:37:06 am
  • Spetz01 said:
    Love this site, got my whole stack inventoried. Found everything but a few in the database. Surprised at some values to say the least. I had prices on stickers from way back, 1993 or so. Most of the have fallen, but some of the old Amazing Spider-Man’s have gone way up. McFafarlanes early work.
    Also happy to see Infinity Gauntlet went up! Glad I bought those in multiples at the time.
    And very happy to see my Wierd War Tales is a great set to have. Missing maybe three, I assessed the whole set at medium condition, good average I guess. Most are mid, non are poor at all

You might want to sell those Infinity Guantlets about a month or so before the newest Avengers movie comes out. I suspect those books will drop a bit after the release like most storyline books after the movie is released.
  • Posted: December 18, 2017 2:51:12 am
  • Welcome, Spetz, nice to have you here. This is a little off topic, but since you brought up the Death in the Family saga I am totally miffed by them bringing Jason Todd back to life. At the time they told us that we, the people, would have a chance to have Robin live or die. I was one of the ones who voted to kill him and DC failed to live up to their word, far as I'm concerned. Sad
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 18, 2017 7:34:38 pm
  • I remember that reader vote to decide if Robin lives or dies. Pretty sure the promised it would be permanent, lol.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 243 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Batman: Off-World Issue # 4b
  • DC Black Label's Batman: White Knight Presents - Generation Joker Hard Cover # 1
  • KaBOOM!'s Just Beyond: Monstrosity Issue fcbd-b
  • DC Comics's Wonder Woman Issue # 8d