feature requests

what happened to these comics (Comic Book Forums)

• what happened to these comics

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 20, 2017 5:20:25 pm
  • Hi I recently was going through my inventory and noticed something with certain titles and certain time period early 90's. (SPEC)Peter Parker vol 1 159-188 Web of Spiderman vol1 24-89 plus 1-3 annuals Iron Man vol 1 242-280 annuals 10-12 Thor 430-437 and some annuals and also Conan early 200's .This is to list most of them ,there were some others. The top and some bottom of the pages have a waveness to them as the pages do not lie flat. This can be viewed from above the top of the book looking down. I could not understand what happened as I always stored them in climate controlled area. This did not happened to my Amazing Spiderman FF Avengers or any other Marvel titles. This did not happened to any of my many DC titles or other comic companies titles. I went to the local comic shop and there books also had this imperfection,so it was not they way I stored them. If you can check, some of your books of the titles I listed and see if they lay flat ? What do you think what happened? I would appreciate any replies
    thanks
  • Posted: January 20, 2017 6:41:19 pm
  • If I remember correctly that was about the time Marvel decided to save a few bucks and used that cheap thin paper for covers...I haven't checked mine but I think if I did they would show the same ripples.
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: January 22, 2017 8:56:12 am
  • Hi Canuck thanks for your reply Marvel made these books uncollectable as anyone trying to buy them,would think there is something wrong with them.
  • Posted: January 23, 2017 1:34:51 am
  • A lot of my G.I. Joe comics have this problem. I used to think it was from humidity until I started seeing the CGC flaw that was occurring because of uneven pressure on the book. I just assumed I had the boxes packed too tight.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: January 23, 2017 10:31:45 am
  • thanks for your reply labria4 I agree with some other members that Marvel used cheap paper (1990-1994). I have gone to other places and seen the same flaw everywhere as I compared titles to tiles and issue's to issues .
    Thanks
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Killer Comics's Crucifix Executioner Issue # 2
  • Image Comics's Feral Issue # 1
  • Sofawolf Press's Heat Soft Cover # 15
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 11