feature requests

How often do unintentional cover variants occur, and are they usually of any importance? (Comic Book Forums)

• How often do unintentional cover variants occur, and are they usually of any importance?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: January 14, 2017 11:22:47 pm
  • While attempting to enter a few of my new comics into the site I ran across a small oddity. I have a copy of Black Mask Studio's (yep, I just KEEP buying their books) BLACK #3 which happens to be the Uncensored Variant - which is already in the catalog. No problem. Just as I was about to click the appropriate box and go about my business, I noticed something; my copy doesn't say "#3" at the bottom like the ones pictured, it says "CHAPTER THREE," like the first two issued did.

So here's the question: is this a variant? Is it a printing accident or some such? If so, what does that mean for the book itself?

Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    "...why not be vulgar at times when vulgarity is such a convenient cloak for our climate..."

- Arkady Ivanovitch Svidrigailov
  • Posted: January 14, 2017 11:57:55 pm
  • I believe I already answered your question when you posted this in the missing comic request part of the forum.

Some times, a cover that is uploaded, is a preview cover. Not the final cover. The final cover of Black, does say Chapter Three, while the preview cover, had the #3. Thanks for your original post, this was fixed, as I reset the covers to Black #3.

So, I guess the answer to your question is that the copy that you have, is the uncensored variant, NOT an unintentional cover variant.
  • Posted: January 15, 2017 2:54:50 pm
  • Gotcha. At the time I uploaded this I hadn't yet seen your reply in the missing forum (plus, due to being called away from my desk for the better part of a day this didn't get posted until well after I wrote it - whoops). My idea in bringing it over here even though I felt pretty sure that I'd get an answer in the missing forum was to see if anybody else had experiences with unintended printing stuff turning out to be recognized as a variant or some such. Basically, just to get a discussion of some kind going. Smile
    "...why not be vulgar at times when vulgarity is such a convenient cloak for our climate..."

• Posted: January 15, 2017 2:54:51 pm
  • Dual post. Sorry.

Last edited January 15, 2017 2:55:34 pm

4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Bad Dog Books's Fang Soft Cover # 7
  • Marvel Comics's Jackpot and Black Cat Issue # 1j
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Salvador Dali - The Paranoia Method Hard Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Spider-Man vs Venom Omnibus Hard Cover # 1 - 2nd print-a