feature requests

The Lobo is comming, the lobo is comming! (Comic Book Forums)

• The Lobo is comming, the lobo is comming!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 7, 2016 6:57:23 pm
  • Sorry, as some of you might know I am a massive lobo fan! I am so geeked about him comming back, and he looks like the old 'bo.
    Sadly I let the master list thread expire
    http://comicbookrealm.com/topic/8/25600/lobo-the-master-appearance-list/#115882
    But I can still edit the master list to keep up with the new apperences. Please anyone, if you see Lobo in any book be sure to post up. I hate to miss an Appearence.
    That being said, I by chance caught him in a flash back in injustice ground zero #1!
  • Posted: December 8, 2016 9:30:11 am
  • Glad to hear DC's bringing back the Lobo I remember. That New52 metrosexual Lobo should have never happened.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 8, 2016 10:04:52 am
  • In my opinion the problem is and will always be that he is a one dimensional one note joke. This hasn't been a popular thing to be in the post 2000 comic universe. So if you want a general sorce of chaos to derail a plotline into an absolute murder fest he is the perfect source for it. However he hasn't worked in his own series for quite some time because every writer feels the need to make up some half baked back story (slave trader with his wife in a cryo tube, part of an elite guard to the queen ect....)

I kinda made piece with "hipster 'Bo" simply because by then end of the most recent appearances you can see him slowly evolve into the bulking main man we love. If they really wanted to tie it in nicely all they would have to do is run a storyline where he gets tossed into the past with massive head trama so he cannot remember his past......
    There Ya go;
    Back story established, continuity gods appeased, proceed with the murder and mayhem
  • Posted: December 8, 2016 12:45:48 pm
  • Never really saw Lobo as a one-dimensional character. To me he was revived in the early 90s when the anti-hero craze skyrocketed and hasn't really been handled by many creators. Since Marvel had Wolverine, Punisher, and Cable, DC needed something that would shock readers (and he did). I think in the right hands they could bring a lot more depth to the character. Even Deadpool has some depth. All it takes is a good writer taking the reigns and doing something.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 8, 2016 3:07:31 pm
  • Just wanted to say, I was getting books at my store last night and picked up the free copy of upcoming dc books (direct currents preview) well anyway inside they were showing characters for the upcoming justice League vs suicide squad and there was a Lobo in each lists of the characters. I thought it was a mistake but maybe they are still keeping both Lobos....idk
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: December 8, 2016 6:07:58 pm
  • LMAO!
    I noticed that too!
    I was hoping it is because he is continually fighting for the side that bennifits him most (which could be continually shifting)
  • Posted: December 9, 2016 3:56:44 am
  • As a massive Lobo fan this is good news indeed! Bring the main man back with 'tude and help me forget the New52 Lobo ever existed!!!
    "In times like these it's good to remember that there has always been times like these..."
  • Posted: December 9, 2016 5:37:45 am
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Never really saw Lobo as a one-dimensional character. To me he was revived in the early 90s when the anti-hero craze skyrocketed and hasn't really been handled by many creators. Since Marvel had Wolverine, Punisher, and Cable, DC needed something that would shock readers (and he did). I think in the right hands they could bring a lot more depth to the character. Even Deadpool has some depth. All it takes is a good writer taking the reigns and doing something.

True. If DC had Jonah Hex lasting 70 issues (and that's just Vol2), there's no reason why they can't do the same with Lobo. Hex has that same "one note" handicap as Lobo and he's carried several good runs for DC.

That said, I like Lobo better in one shots and mini's. "In The Chair" still makes me laugh out loud!

Last edited December 9, 2016 5:43:41 am
    Favorite Characters: Lone Ranger, Green Hornet, Captain America, The Shadow, Zorro, The Rocketeer, Jonah Hex
  • Posted: December 9, 2016 6:43:13 am
  • that reminds me,
    Tis the season, gotta dig my copy of Paramilitary Christmas special out!
  • Posted: December 11, 2016 1:08:15 pm
  • The Paramilitary Christmas Lobo Special is indeed a treat to read. Who knew Santa was such a mean ? I haven't read one page of the "New" Lobo. Yuck, is all I have to say. Really glad to hear the old Lobo is back. Anyone remember the rumours of a Lobo movie in the '90s starring Bruce Willis, or am I the only one? Or am I totally crazy? Well, crazier than normal, anyway.
16 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • SelfMadeHero's Ruins TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's Starman - Compendium TPB # 2
  • Marvel Comics's The Amazing Spider-Man Issue # 254facsimile-b
  • National Cotton Council of America's The Story of Cotton Issue nn