feature requests

December Brings Back Comic Book Memories (Comic Book Forums)

• December Brings Back Comic Book Memories

Author Discussion
  • Posted: December 1, 2016 3:14:15 pm
  • I grew up on those titles too. You know I never got to meet the original Dennis the Menace creator, Hank Ketchum, but have been able to meet the current artist, Marcus Hamilton, who trained under his wing and took over the strip since the 90s. He comes out to Heroes Con in Charlotte every year. What a great guy he is. He'll sign and sketch things without ever charging and you can tell he loves working on the strip.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: December 1, 2016 3:26:00 pm
  • Wow, Rapha1978, that's really cool of Marcus Hamilton. You have to appreciate artists who care so much for their fans. My heart definitely has a special place for these comics from a simpler time. Thanks so much for sharing.
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
  • Posted: December 2, 2016 1:46:04 am
  • Fun times, Ed. Like you I was mostly into superhero comics but would pick up the occasional Archie or Tom and Jerry or whatever, just for fun. In fact I still have one (1) Archie comic in my collection, no Digests however. And I can still remember learning fun facts that I had never knows about San Francisco and Hawaii via a Dennis the Menace comic book!
    Tenzil
  • Posted: December 2, 2016 6:21:01 am
  • Tenzil, this blog episode turned out to be more popular than I thought it would, as several people made comments about it on Facebook, also. Glad you enjoyed it. As one guy said on Facebook about Archie comics, "Sometimes you just want to feel good."
    See my blog, Cool Comics in My Collection, at https://edgosney.com/
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Whatnot Publishing's Assassins Creed: The Fall Issue # 1b
  • Tuttle Publishing's Miyamoto Musashi's Book of Five Rings: Japan's Legendary Book on Samurai Military Strategy Soft Cover # 1
  • Todd McFarlane Productions's Spawn Issue # 352
  • Kong Comics's Spend the Night Issue # 4