feature requests

What's Superman's Son First Appearance? (Comic Book Forums)

• What's Superman's Son First Appearance?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: November 22, 2016 1:45:16 pm
  • Trying to clear up some confusion and wondered if anyone could help. Since DC’s introduced Superman Rebirth we’ve now been seeing Lois and Clark’s son (Jonathan ‘Jon” Kent) in the pages of Superman/Action Comics. Does anyone know what Jon Kent’s first appearance is? I’ve been hearing from some of the older guys that it was in Superman #423 (1986) from the classic story, “Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?” Alan Moore wrote this sort of ‘what if?” issue where Lois and Clark were married and had a son named Jonathan.

Others are saying it’s in Convergence:Superman #2 (2015) and some are saying it’s Superman: Lois and Clark #1 (2015) where in the latter Jonathan was born during the Convergence event and then plays a part of the eight issue mini series where his powers were first revealed.

Then there are those that say it’s Superman #2 (2016). Jon actually appears here for the first time in his Superboy costume and technically that it makes it his first superhero appearance.

I think this character is going to be really important in the future and just trying to figure out which to invest in while it gets sorted out.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 24, 2016 1:22:30 pm
  • I think Convergence: Superman 2 is considered his 1st appearance. It's what I'm seeing everywhere and what I myself consider his 1st anyways Smile
  • Posted: November 26, 2016 10:52:08 pm
  • I second Superman Convergence 2
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dark Horse Comics's Dudley Datson and the Forever Machine Issue # 1
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5b
  • Ultimate Marvel's Ultimate Spider-Man Issue # 117b
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c