feature requests

Spider Man: MAXIMUM CLONAGE ALPHA question (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-Man: MAXIMUM CLONAGE ALPHA question

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 18, 2016 9:35:00 pm
  • Correct me if i'm wrong, but as I understand it there are 3 variants of this book, Issue #1 BLUE, #1b, and #1c GOLD. My book I assume to be #1b being that the ALPHA background is white and the back has the direct edition upc. My question is why does the bottom of the first page read; Spider-Man: MAXIMUM CLONAGE ALPHA GOLD vol. 1 no. 1 August, 1995? Do all of the variants say this or is it a misprint?
  • Posted: October 19, 2016 4:00:30 pm
  • So what I have on this is the regular blue/white alpha in direct and newsstand editions (with barcodes on the back), and the blue/yellow alpha Gold edition with no barcode on the back (instead says One of 2000).

The Gold edition states "Gold" in the indices, but the regular direct and newsstand versions don't have that.

If you have a regular edition that states Gold, then it is likely a printing error where the wrong insides was married with the wrong cover.
  • Posted: October 19, 2016 4:36:29 pm
  • Do you know how something like this might affect the value (if there is a value)?
  • Posted: October 19, 2016 4:52:41 pm
  • It isn't exactly a variant, because that would require it happens in enough books that it is identified as such. So it misses the variant market. But there is a subset of collectors who collect printing errors, and it could easily be worth more to that group.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 8
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 22
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine Issue # 46e