feature requests

The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye. (Comic Book Forums)

• The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye.

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 3, 2016 1:32:38 pm
  • The time has come to the point where I am ready to sell off my collection in full. I want this year to be my last year of renting a house and I think my credit is okay enough to seriously start looking to buy a home for my family. Time to start scraping together down payments etc.

I'd like to delete all my various piles and lists and compile one final Master List here on CBR, which I will then be donating the funds to be able to export a spreadsheet.

I obviously won't be selling at my LCS, but I don't want to wait to sell everything individually on eBay. The goal is to have money in hand long enough to at least throw it in a CD for 6 months to build it up a little more. Currently, I'm considering http://www.sellmycomicbooks.com/. has anyone heard any good or horrific stories about them? Anyone have any other companies to consider? I like the link above because they claim they will send you a minimum offer deposit, collection unseen, and then pay for shipping so they can evaluate the collection/condition before making a final offer.

Thank you all. It's been a great time here at CBR.

Last edited October 3, 2016 2:04:02 pm
  • Posted: October 3, 2016 4:53:40 pm
  • Have you tried posting your collection in any of the Facebook groups?

You could sell your keys on Facebook or eBay, then post the fodder on craigs' list as a bulk sale.
  • Posted: October 3, 2016 5:22:22 pm
  • Not yet. This was the first announcement. Good idea. Still going to re-enter the whole collection for accuracy.
  • Posted: October 4, 2016 1:29:16 am
  • Only just started selling some of my duplicates on ebay this past month and no experience whatsoever with any other online sites, so I can't help you much there. It's nice when we can combine this hobby with family responsibilities and home ownership and putting kids through college and sports and dance school, etc. but i commend you for your decision and wish you all the best. You can always lurk late at night once in a while to see how your old buds are doing. Good luck with the sale.
    Tenzil
  • Posted: October 4, 2016 1:47:40 am
  • Hi Tenzil, I actually think that the two of you should get in touch since you've just started selling as well. It's always better having two people comparing notes on selling, etc.?

. . . just a thought though.

Splatterweb, I know that it must be a very difficult decision to make but by selling your collection for something something like what you're planning essentially turns your fantasy super-heroes into real ones Smile

All the best.
  • Posted: October 4, 2016 9:06:08 am
  • Good luck in your ventures.
    You should still keep a couple of your favorites for sentimental reasons if any.
  • Posted: October 4, 2016 3:48:13 pm
  • I'd have a hard time making that decision. Probably would squeeze some of my favorites into one box to keep for collector and sentimental purposes. I would suggest seeing if there are any small comic/toy/hobby shows in your area and seeing if you could rent a booth for the day. That’s how I usually would get rid of comics I no longer wanted to keep.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: October 4, 2016 4:06:16 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    I'd have a hard time making that decision. Probably would squeeze some of my favorites into one box to keep for collector and sentimental purposes. I would suggest seeing if there are any small comic/toy/hobby shows in your area and seeing if you could rent a booth for the day. That’s how I usually would get rid of comics I no longer wanted to keep.

The problem with that in my area is that these small shows charge $25 per table, and the tables aren't large. So by the time I rent three tables I'm $75 in a hole before I sell one comic.
  • Posted: October 5, 2016 1:00:30 pm
  • $25 for a table isn't bad. That's how is was in Tampa 5-6 years ago, now more like $600 but a lot more people and artists, etc. You just have to justify the cost against sales and compare to what you would get on eBay, etc.

I would suggest holding on to a few most valuable ones. I faced the same situation in 1971 and sold my high grade Amazing Fantasy 15 for around $5, plus a ton of early Marvels and DCs. If I had kept the AF 15 I would be sending 6 grand kids to college - fully paid!
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: October 5, 2016 1:17:34 pm
  • Spa-fon said:
    $25 for a table isn't bad.

That depends. If three tables are rented that's $75, and if one has a poor day selling, perhaps selling even less that the cost of renting tables...d'oh!

Last edited October 5, 2016 1:18:01 pm
15 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Biden's Titans vs Trump's Titans Issue # 1i
  • Image Comics's Something Epic Issue # 9b
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 2
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 19