feature requests

Fables TPB vs Deluxe (Comic Book Forums)

• Fables TPB vs Deluxe

Author Discussion
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 12:28:20 pm
  • Hello all,

Recently I have decided I wish to start reading/collection the Fables universe. I am interested if people have opinions on the TPB vs Deluxe. I've decided to do one or the other rather than single issues because I kind of want to jump into the series without needing to acquire all the issues. From what I have read the Deluxe is way better per page than TPB, but it's also way behind. From the looks of it, probably like another 2 years before the final Deluxe is released for Fables, and that's not including a hardback version for Jack or Fairest.

I have total OCD, and would hate to have some of the universe be TPB and some be HC. Does anybody have an opinion as to which is better? Is the TPB just as good as Deluxe in terms of quality, or is Deluxe worth getting into even if it means there could be a long wait before finishing the series?

Thanks all,
    Kevin
  • Posted: July 23, 2016 6:38:09 pm
  • I'll chime in with my 2 cents.
    I've only read the first tpb, so I can't really comment on the series. But, in general, if you are collecting to display, get the HC. If you are reading, I would get the tpb. I find it awkward to hold a heavy HC while I'm reading, especially while you are trying to be gentle with it.
    Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
  • Posted: July 25, 2016 1:05:56 pm
  • Not sure if you are interested since you are leaning toward TPBs or hard covers, but I have a large group of Fables I would be willing to sell at my cost or below. I have Fables 6-10, 38-70. Total 38 books all in NM or better, all bagged & boarded. My total cost was $41, so say $40 plus postage to you. If in US about $7 for Media Mail.

That's about $140 CBR value and cheaper than buying the TBPs.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 255 days, 20 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's City Boy TPB # 1
  • IDW Publishing's In Perpetuity Soft Cover # 1
  • DC Comics's Jurassic League TPB # 1
  • DC Comics's Justice League: Dark Rebirth - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1