feature requests

Need some advice on ebay sold item!!! (Comic Book Forums)

• Need some advice on ebay sold item!!!

Author Discussion
  • Posted: May 27, 2016 7:55:50 pm
  • Hey peps...I need some advice. I sold an item on ebay but the buyer told me he did not get his package even though the tracking number for the package states it was delivered. I asked the buyer to take the tracking number to their local post office to see where the package is and get back to me. My question is, do I refund the money to the buyer if they tell me they didn't get their item? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Oh, the buyer has 16 feedback as a buyer and they are all positive.
  • Posted: May 27, 2016 10:35:46 pm
  • It is a tough one. If it is a small amount and you don't care I would. But if it was a lot then I wouldn't. If your tracking shows it was delivered then it is up to the PO at that point... It is possible someone stole it (and other things) but that shouldn't be your responsibility. I would wait to hear and then ask them what they want to have happen.

Good luck!

Last edited May 27, 2016 10:43:04 pm
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: May 28, 2016 11:38:48 pm
  • Turns out the postal service delivered it to the neighbor's house. Crisis averted. Thanks for the advise.
  • Posted: May 29, 2016 6:31:42 am
  • Glad it worked out!
    Favorite Quote: "You're not just some guy in a bat costume are you? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?! - Justice League #1, 2011"

Hunting for (mainly reprints/variants) - Please help! - See My Profile
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 12:09:48 am
  • Just for any future reference,

I operate a business on various online sales channels. including eBay, Amazon, and my own website (http://batcheloshop.com <-- check it out if you're into Pokemon) and have come across many customers who claim that an item wasn't delivered when tracking shows it has. Whether or not the customer is lying I don't know, so I always try to contact USPS first but that usually doesn't help. If I can't get to the bottom of it I tell them to open a case on eBay, which pretty much 100% of the time goes in my favor if the tracking shows it was delivered, and because the customer lost the case they cant leave negative feedback.

If you ever make a sell on Amazon YOU MUST include signature confirmation to win a missing item case. On eBay, it's a good idea to add signature confirmation if the product is worth a lot.

In my opinion, if USPS says the item is delivered, then it's the customers responsibility now. But it's my responsibility otherwise.
    -Christian B
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 10:19:42 am
  • That's good information, CSB, thanks.
  • Posted: June 2, 2016 12:04:14 pm
  • Thanks for the good info CSB. I will keep that in mind if I ever had a sell in high value items.
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Floating World Comics's Earthman & Torch Issue # 1
  • Tidal Wave Productions's Milestones of Art: Pablo Picasso - Me, the King Hard Cover # 1
  • Amphibia Comics's Newt Issue # 2
  • DC Comics's Superman/Batman Issue # 24