feature requests

Prices with shipping? (Comic Book Forums)

• Prices with shipping?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 30, 2016 7:02:15 pm
  • I've been wondering for awhile now if prices for books should include shipping since the prices on the site reflect ebay prices. Do you guys consider that the price that you payed for a book is the total bid or bid + shipping? I understand that could make it hard to judge what a book is going for but I also noticed that usually if shipping is high, the books sell for less. Thoughts?
  • Posted: May 3, 2016 7:14:07 am
  • the shipping fee does directly reflect the amount I am willing to A) bid, or B) offer
  • Posted: May 3, 2016 1:56:40 pm
  • With that being said, would you consider the price a comic is worth is an average of what it sells for before shipping or after shipping?
  • Posted: May 3, 2016 4:11:56 pm
  • In my realm I consider postage separate from the cost of the book.

Just easier for me, especially if I had ordered a bunch of books.
    The joy is in the journey, not just the destination.
  • Posted: May 3, 2016 5:25:19 pm
  • Postage is not reflected in the price here. There's too many variables - national, international, small package, large order, method of shipping, etc...
  • Posted: May 4, 2016 10:37:39 am
  • I had this post back some time ago. I wondered the same thing. Everyone was different. I include shipping cost because it's what I paid for the book in its entirety.
  • Posted: May 4, 2016 11:19:56 am
  • Like Juno said, just to many variables to deal with if we include the price of shipping...if you pay for shipping and want that to reflect in your value then add a note how much you paid for it so when you sell you can try to recoup your initial shipping costs.

Last edited May 4, 2016 11:20:24 am
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: May 5, 2016 7:12:48 am
  • I know that shipping varies, but it ultimately does have an important role in how much a book is worth. you see a opening bid of 99 cent for a book, but shipping is international over 20 bucks or priority over 10, you will immediately take what the book is worth overall when factoring what you are willing to bid. Same goes for Buy It Now listings, you see a book with 3 dollars shipping and a book with 7 dollars shipping, and both are the same issue in same condition... you are always going to weigh that in to some degree. I know I have had listings for auction that had free shipping and they go through the roof, and at the same time, put up buy it now listings with shipping figured in, and had people send offers that negate shipping fees, so yeah, it does have a say in the grand scheme of things

Last edited May 5, 2016 7:14:38 am
  • Posted: May 5, 2016 9:44:07 pm
  • A book is worth what you're willing to pay.If high shipping stops you from buying so be it. It might not stop someone else, though.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • DC Comics's Crisis on Infinite Earths Issue # 1facsimile-b
  • Comic Art Publishers's Steve Canyon Soft Cover # 3
  • Marvel Comics's Wolverine: First Class Issue # 10b
  • Konkret Comics's Zuriel Issue # 1