feature requests

True Unofficial first appearance of Justice League Dark (Comic Book Forums)

• True Unofficial first appearance of Justice League Dark

Author Discussion
  • Posted: April 29, 2016 8:22:38 am
  • It has obviously been for the better part of the last two years considered by many for the most part that the original conception of the Supernatural Super Team of JLD was in Swampthing 49/50 two part tale by Alan Moore, involving most of the current Supernatural Heroes of the DCU.

However, I have come to discover that the Second Annual of that same series also written by Alan Moore predates both issues by over a year in January of 1985, at the conclusion of Alan's first story arch, and before the re-titling of Saga of Swampthing to simply Swampthing. banding together Deadman, Spectre, Phantom Stranger, and Etrigan with Swampthing in the land of the dead, and even make mention of the need for a team so to speak in same said issue.

I think maybe we need to reconsider what is the actual first for this team.

Last edited April 29, 2016 8:34:53 am
  • Posted: April 29, 2016 11:19:52 am
  • I noticed this a little while back and grabbed a very high grade copy of annual 2 Smile
  • Posted: May 1, 2016 4:12:52 pm
  • I agree with Azzorox on this, and I'll edit the info on Swamp Thing (vol. 2) Annual #2 and regular issues #49 and #50 to reflect this.

Last edited May 1, 2016 4:13:01 pm
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Chopping Block Issue # 5b
  • Titan Comics's Doctor Who: The Thirteenth Doctor - Holiday Special Issue # 1cbfk
  • DC Comics's Harley Quinn Issue # 38
  • Marvel Comics's Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Issue # 6c