feature requests

Met Tony Moore today (Comic Book Forums)

• Met Tony Moore today

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 11, 2016 5:15:59 pm
  • Comic signing this afternoon. Seems like a cool dude. I don't own any Walking Dead books other than a compendium I bought (which does contain the issues he drew). I bought a copy of #150 and had him sign it.

• Posted: February 12, 2016 5:58:41 am
  • Awesome! It's always cool to meet the creators.

At the last show I did, Erik Larsen was one of the guests. It was pretty sweet to talk to the person that has pretty much written the entire history of a character that's been around for 30 years.

In April I'll be doing a show and one of the guests is Larry Hama. I can't wait to get some of my G.I. Joe stuff signed.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 9:31:05 am
  • Awesome. I love getting to meet creators face to face and having something signed. Tony Moore seems like he'd be a great guy to meet.

Labria4, did you get anything signed by Erik Larsen? I was able to meet him about 5 years ago and he signed a few old Amazing Spider-Man issues for me but you could hardly make out his name. It looked like a scribble and done with a sharpie. Whenever I show them to people they think it's a scribble. I was a little upset about that but overall he was a great guy.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 3:55:58 pm
  • Rapha1978 said:
    Awesome. I love getting to meet creators face to face and having something signed. Tony Moore seems like he'd be a great guy to meet.

Labria4, did you get anything signed by Erik Larsen? I was able to meet him about 5 years ago and he signed a few old Amazing Spider-Man issues for me but you could hardly make out his name. It looked like a scribble and done with a sharpie. Whenever I show them to people they think it's a scribble. I was a little upset about that but overall he was a great guy.

I had him sign my copy of Megaton #3. I also bought a copy of of Savage Dragon #206 which has a variant cover. The cover is cool because it has a burger joint on it called Oscar's. I guess Larsen used to go in there once a week and work on pages but it closed down. Either he or the owner thought it would be cool to pay homage to the place he used to frequent by putting it on the cover. His sig does look like a scribble but I think that's because people take advantage of the fact that he signs for free. I waited until the end of the day when business had slowed down to go over and see him. There were only two people ahead of me and both of them had like 20+ issues for him to sign.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: February 12, 2016 4:13:05 pm
  • Here are the ones I got signed.

• Posted: February 13, 2016 12:03:27 am
  • @labria4: Looks much more legible than mine. By the way that's a really nice copy of Megaton #3 you've got there. I've never actually seen one of those in person. I'm sure they don't come around very often.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: February 13, 2016 2:45:43 am
  • @labria4: That is great that Erik was able to sign your books for you but I am hoping you get the chance to have a few words with Larry Hama. If you do, see if you can ask him about the first comic he worked on with Todd McFarlane for Marvel back in the late 80's. McFarlane told a few of us at a signing back in the day how Larry was, shall we say, not impressed with this new young hotshot artist they had lured away from DC!
    Tenzil
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Dead Cat Comics's Monism Issue nn
  • Schanes & Schanes's Nightmares & Daydreams  Issue nightmares
  • Al Barrett's The Justiciary Issue # 18
  • Wizard Press's Wizard Special Edition: Image Issue nn