feature requests

Spider Man #1 sold out... (Comic Book Forums)

• Spider-Man #1 sold out...

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 3, 2016 8:31:49 pm
  • Hit up the local shop tonight after work to pick up a bunch of stuff (and yes I bought ASM 7 even though I said I was dropping it. Laughing ) and the new miles morales book was sold out. The manager seemed to think he wouldn't be getting anymore either. I've only gotten back into collecting 8 months ago, but this is the first time I've seen a book fly off the shelves. Maybe we will have a new best seller? Imagine if miles gets a movie. Think

Naturally I did what any sane person would do. I ordered 3 copies off the Internet to feed into the frenzy.Dancing
  • Posted: February 6, 2016 3:35:23 pm
  • Books showed up today. Dancing

Not too shabby of a story. Much better than all 7 issues of ASM so far.
  • Posted: February 8, 2016 8:08:35 am
  • I wasn't planning on adding a new title to the collection, but after reading your post, I hit up my LCS and was lucky enough to grab the last copy on the shelf. Not bad. I'll give it a couple more issues before I decide to throw it on the pull list or not.
  • Posted: February 8, 2016 6:15:07 pm
  • I thought the art was decent and I'm intrigued by how the reader is dumped into the action with a villain that is relatively unknown as far as super villains go. and having the PP show up adds some extra suspense.
  • Posted: February 13, 2016 4:11:24 pm
  • I got all the covers (minus Fried Pie???)
    I have yet to read it. I've liked Miles since he first came around. I've said that in a lot of posts. I hope this keeps up with this new book and the values take off.
  • Posted: March 2, 2016 8:33:34 pm
  • Only one issue of #2 left but the time I arrived this evening. Seems miles might be gaining some traction. So far I'm enjoying the series. I hope the writers for ASM can up their game.
  • Posted: March 3, 2016 11:39:57 am
  • Got mine today along with the two variants. They still had 8-10 regular copies with a Randolph variant hanging around for sale.
    I still haven't read the 1st one yet.
  • Posted: March 10, 2016 4:40:01 pm
  • I should find and buy several copies and hand them out as Kitty Litter Paper.
  • Posted: March 10, 2016 5:14:21 pm
  • Lol

Sadly it's one of the better marvel books I've bought since I started collecting again last summer during the secret wars storyline. Marvel runs a lot of - poor writing and and even worse art.
  • Posted: March 10, 2016 6:28:16 pm
  • I have not read a book since May last year sadly. I have been meaning / wanting to but since the ASM ended the one from before renew your vows I just stopped reading. I was muddling through the ASM title then but I just gave it up reading it. From the looks of them now its Peter Parker as Tony Stark which just has 0 appeal to me.

Regarding this title though simply put anyone other than Peter Parker is NOT spiderman period.

They need to invent new characters not change the skin color and rebrand them. Spiderman is not an Apple product that you can buy in various colors.

Last edited March 10, 2016 6:28:47 pm
  • Posted: March 11, 2016 7:21:24 am
  • I will say Silent, you've been consistent since Miles was introduced. I still think you should give it a chance as I've suggested in the past. .
    I agree with you on the new ASM series. Suckish!
    Also, I agree on your last statement as well. But it is nice to see some changes.
    Check out the Spidey series if you like the simple type Spider man. It's got an old school vibe to it. I enjoy the back to the basics type storyline. Kind of refreshing in a way.
  • Posted: March 12, 2016 11:53:14 am
  • I seen the old school Spidey and it looks OK.

Sorry I just refuse to look at, but or read it.

I hope all the Spider-Man titles fail personally. They need to go back to old school numbering etc.
12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 190 days, 18 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Sofawolf Press's Anthrolations Issue # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Black Widow and Hawkeye Issue # 1g
  • DC Comics's Green Arrow Issue # 10b
  • Ablaze Media's Torpedo 1972 Issue # 2