feature requests

Marvel's First Look at their All Different (Comic Book Forums)

• Marvel's First Look at their All-Different

Author Discussion
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 11:51:56 am
  • This is pretty interesting, and it looks like it might not be all too bad. I do like that Miles Morales will be getting more play and (apparently) a staring role as Spider-Man. I also like that he seems to be included in the Avengers title, but I also like seeing Ms. Marvel (Khan) in there. I think this bodes well for future screen appearances Smile

Happy that Captain Marvel is getting more love and I think the Squadron Supreme might be interesting. Personally, I do not really care about Spider-Gwen but the cover art looks sweet! I suspect Iron Man will continue to be Iron Man.

While I am still unsure about the new take on Doctor Strange (seriously, a massive battle axe?), I have hopes that this new series will be a great launch for one of my favorite characters. At least we will be able to find out soon-ish on these titles!

http://marvel.wikia.com/User_blog:ADour/ALL-NEW,_ALL-DIFFERENT_MARVEL%27s_new_titles_revealed!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 3:32:30 pm
  • They should reboot Captain America and Sgt Fury where instead of fighting Nazis, they fight terrorists. That would be way cool, but Marvel is way too politically correct.

As for Miles Morales, I'm disappointed that he is THE Spiderman since Peter Parker will still be alive in the new MU. I'm just old school, out of touch, whatever.
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 4:41:41 pm
  • fennrx said:
    As for Miles Morales, I'm disappointed that he is THE Spiderman since Peter Parker will still be alive in the new MU. I'm just old school, out of touch, whatever.

I am totally with you on Peter being the Spider-Man. However, there have been several Robin, Green Lantern, etc and the ball keeps rolling. The reason I am excited is for the movies. I think it might be a way to get the movie franchise from just re-booting the same thing. I get he is perpetually young. Fine. But the least interesting thing to me is the supposed upcoming Spider-Man film taking place with PP back in High School. Again. Meh.

It is surprising that they seem to have Miles as the main Spider-Man, but not dealing with him in the movies as of yet. Perhaps this is another way to get around rights? Better than killing off the character or dropping the comics for the foreseeable future.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 5:37:27 pm
  • From what I'm hearing the title will be called Spider-Man, with PP mentoring Miles Morales. Peter might still be married. This leaves room for another title down the road called The Amazing Spider-Man starring you-know-who.
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 6:07:29 pm
  • Disappointed in Miles as Spiderman as well. Truth be told, I haven't liked Miles all that much (i know im in the minority). He just seems to whine a lot.

I would actually be fine with them retiring Peter, my only problem is right now it isnt organic. If they were going to retire him, it should be a well planned out end to a year+long story, something where when it happens you look back and say "oh, they totally meant to do this"... not just all of a sudden. They could let him ride off into the sunset with MJ and never look back, and he could finally have his happy ending.

THen Kaine could take over, cause, seriously, he has become a great character that deserves another series. , i would kill for another Scarlet Spider volume.
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 6:38:36 pm
  • Tex75455 said:
    Disappointed in Miles as Spiderman as well. Truth be told, I haven't liked Miles all that much (i know im in the minority). He just seems to whine a lot.

I would actually be fine with them retiring Peter, my only problem is right now it isnt organic. If they were going to retire him, it should be a well planned out end to a year+long story, something where when it happens you look back and say "oh, they totally meant to do this"... not just all of a sudden. They could let him ride off into the sunset with MJ and never look back, and he could finally have his happy ending.

THen Kaine could take over, cause, seriously, he has become a great character that deserves another series. , i would kill for another Scarlet Spider volume.

I like Miles as a change of pace from the (relatively) never evolving Parker, but that is just my thought.

I do so hope they take your idea for a story arc. That would be nice!

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 8:18:00 pm
  • octoberland said:
    fennrx said:

I am totally with you on Peter being the Spider-Man. However, there have been several Robin, Green Lantern, etc and the ball keeps rolling. The reason I am excited is for the movies. I think it might be a way to get the movie franchise from just re-booting the same thing. I get he is perpetually young. Fine. But the least interesting thing to me is the supposed upcoming Spider-Man film taking place with PP back in High School. Again. Meh.

It is surprising that they seem to have Miles as the main Spider-Man, but not dealing with him in the movies as of yet. Perhaps this is another way to get around rights? Better than killing off the character or dropping the comics for the foreseeable future.

- Craig Coffman

I think the MUs have too many Spider characters in general. I don't have a problem with someone being a temp, but Spiderman will always be PP to me. Just like Iron Man is Tony Stark. Batman is Bruce Wayne. It was cool when Rhoads or Jean Paul whats his face took over for a while,

I get it though. Comic books are like soap operas. You have to change it up, at least for a while, in order to keep selling issues. I'm willing to give Miles a shot. But I do think PP should be SpiderMan.
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 9:48:38 pm
  • Starting to get a little bit nervous that all the movie rights is going to impact the marvel comic book U. Haven't seen anything about FF or X-Men other than a few Wolverine blurbs here and there...
  • Posted: June 25, 2015 10:30:40 pm
  • jimfred82 said:
    Starting to get a little bit nervous that all the movie rights is going to impact the marvel comic book U. Haven't seen anything about FF or X-Men other than a few Wolverine blurbs here and there...

I think it absolutely will.

While I am not certain of this, FF (pretty sure this is true) and X-Men (possibly true) are being shelved for a while. They might show up in arcs somewhere or a few of the X-Men characters, but the books are supposed to be stopping. Again, I am pretty certain FF is done for now.

While as a reader I think this is junk, I can totally see this from the business side. The other movie houses gets scripts, back stories, storyboards, everything needed to make a blockbuster hit and then Marvel (in this case) does not get a box office take while paying creators to generate material that can be used by said movie houses. While it is true Marvel sold the rights, they do not have to keep perpetually pumping out marketing and advertising (monthly issues) which serve to keep a competitor in the chips. This does not change who has the rights to the characters on screen or in print, but it does make the on screen people have to work more to get something done without the benefit of fresh new ideas and characters being handed to them.

Again, I get that it sucks as a fan but I know these companies are in business. Business makes money. So, I would suspect that FF and X-Men will be slowed if not entirely stopped as we know them for the next several years.

This is PURELY my guess, not based of firm knowledge or any type of confirmation.

- Craig Coffman
  • Posted: June 26, 2015 2:32:28 am
  • Like octoberland I do not have any scoops or inside knowledge about any of this but I believe he is right. Clearly Disney/Marvel wants the X-Men and Fantastic Four back in the Marvel cinematic U. I believe they would prefer to have all the rights themselves, but knowing that is not going to happen they will settle for a similar deal that they signed with Sony regarding Spider-Man. To get there they are using every trick in their playbook to force an agreement on terms to their liking. They cannot force Fox to play along but they are doing everything in their power to make sure Fox is not supported in any way whatsoever.
    This is corporate greed and BS and the ones that suffer are the fans.
    The only saving grace is that at the end of the day both movie studios understand one thing very very well. Money. That is why eventually, and preferably sooner rather than later, they will come to terms. Both are acting tough and holding out for the best terms they can get but in the end both realize the only way they can win is to play the game.
    And when they do that, boy will they win. Can you imagine the first Avengers/X0Men movie?
    Tenzil
  • Posted: July 10, 2015 10:27:48 am
  • Aside from the Alex Ross covers, most of the artwork looks mediocre and plain. I'll pass on all of this. Will wait it out until the next reboot.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: July 10, 2015 10:46:37 am
  • I said awhile back that Disney will make changes because Movies are where the moneys at.
    I heard that in ASM that Peter is going to be a millionaire playboy ala Tony Stark...really isn't one enough? Brick wall
    "Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

12 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Al Barrett's The Mightiest Issue # 3
  • Marvel Comics's The Sensational She-Hulk Issue # 7c
  • Marvel Comics's The Spectacular Spider-Men Issue # 2d
  • Absolute Comics Group's White Widow Issue # 4acme-c