feature requests

Should I get my Amazing Fantasy 15 signed? (Comic Book Forums)

• Should I get my Amazing Fantasy 15 signed?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 25, 2015 9:01:39 am
  • I recently purchased a vg+ copy of Amazing Fantasy 15 and I now have a chance to get Stan Lee to sign it with CGC present. Is it worth getting it signed before I send it out to be graded? Also I have no plans to sell or trade it I am just wondering about intrinsic value.
  • Posted: February 25, 2015 9:08:48 am
  • It won't change the value much and if the comic really is VG unrestored, it may actually hurt the price. I would find something else.

• Posted: February 25, 2015 11:15:45 am
  • With CGC present, I'd get it signed. If you're not selling it, it would be a nice sentimental piece to have in your collection. Just my 2 cents
  • Posted: February 26, 2015 2:42:17 am
  • If you decide not to get it signed, I also would not get it CGC'ed. As joe_mccarty said, it wont help the value on such a low-grade copy. If you like signed comics I think it's worth getting it CGC'ed if you can easily afford it. The CGC cases are great protection, they look nice, and if you ever do decide to sell the comic it would be nice to have the signature certified.
  • Posted: February 26, 2015 8:49:26 am
  • I was not suggesting to not get it signed because it was low grade, in fact quite the opposite. I would not get it signed because it was so expensive and in a pretty nice grade for that comic. If it was a low grade copy, less than 3.0 or so, or restored then I would get it signed. Also, I would get this comic CGC'd at any grade because it is so expensive, it could only help the resale value of this comic.

I would recommend getting a cheaper comic signed. Stan also has a reputation for accidentally damaging comics when he slides them across the table after signing them.

• Posted: February 26, 2015 9:14:14 am
  • I agree with Joe on that
  • Posted: February 26, 2015 9:22:38 am
  • i agree with tangledwebs only get it signed signature series with a witness otherwise don't get it signed and just get it graded also this comic sells well regardless of a stan lee sig, stan lees sigs are everywhere you can get this book graded and still enjoy it its been reprinted a billion times
    is there a scan or pic or anything?

Last edited February 26, 2015 9:24:59 am
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: February 26, 2015 9:30:02 am
  • Yeah, I'd like to see a pic too if you can
  • Posted: February 26, 2015 5:42:08 pm
  • A VG+ AF15? no.
  • Posted: February 27, 2015 8:44:17 am
  • I completely missed the "V" on there, and was thinking the comic was G+, not VG+. That makes my post . . . just wrong. The lesson is: Don't give comic collecting advice while you're so tired you can barely see.

As for the actual comic, in VG+ condition, rather than the completely made up G+ comic, I would definitely get it CGC'ed regardless. For the signature, I still say that depends completely on how much you like signed comics. Some people love them, some hate them, some are indifferent. I'm assuming this is the best comic in your collection and that you aren't planning on trying to sell it any time soon, so I'd say just decide if having it signed will make you happy and don't worry about the other stuff. But for what it's worth I don't think a signature will hurt the comic's value. The few recent eBay sales there have been of AF15 around that grade seem to show no real advantage to signed or unsigned, but there are so few of those sales that there really isn't enough data to say with any kind of certainty.
  • Posted: March 23, 2015 9:16:09 am
  • I personally hate signatures on covers and wouldn't recommend it, theres so few VG+ copies that come up for sale Id hate to see one defaced. Ultimately its your decision and you gotta really think it through and make sure its something you wont regret down the road.

Good luck either way.
    "I dont pay for hype."-Danny Dips

11 posts • Page 1 of 2
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 46c
  • Marvel Comics's Edge of Spider-Verse Issue # 2h
  • Marvel Comics's Gambit Issue # 3
  • David Heath Jr.'s No Sex Issue # 17