feature requests

If you could be any superhero who would you be? Why and would you be up to the challenge of the constantly on call responsibility? (Comic Book Forums)

• If you could be any superhero who would you be? Why and would you be up to the challenge of the constantly on call responsibility?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: February 11, 2015 10:12:19 pm
  • For me it is a toss up between Spider-man and wolverine. I related best to Spider-man as a teen but not sure i would want his responsibility's/life Shame on you lol. I think wolverine would be more my speed kinda on my own path.
    Just my two cents eager to hear everyone's responses.
  • Posted: February 11, 2015 10:37:44 pm
  • I think I'd also go with Wolverine just for the long life. Is there another hero that can live longer than Wolverine? I can think of a dozen villains that really don't age.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 12:08:22 am
  • Labria - Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Superman (probably), Doctor Strange (maybe, magically), Thor, any other gods/goddesses, Hawkman/Hawkgirl (technically they keep being reborn), Resurrection Man, I'm sure there are others. As far as pure life-expectancy goes I think Thor or Silver Surfer would be the top of the scale. Both are essentially immortal, basically indestructible, and perfectly capable of surviving away from Earth. Dr. Strange and other magic characters would be big question marks, but magic might make them functionally immortal as well.

As far as the original question, to me it really depends on exactly what the question is. If I become that hero totally in every way, one choice would be for the hero with the best combination of happiness and long life. The Surfer is basically immortal but he's also usually miserable. Thor and Superman seem pretty happy most of the time, so they'd be good choices. However, if I'm necessarily entering the Marvel or DC universe as part of the deal I'd be 100% confident in an afterlife, so perhaps picking any character guaranteed to go to Heaven would be better. Nightcrawler and Thing have both already been to Heaven, so there's not much doubt of it's existence. I think Nightcrawler is not allowed back, but any devout character would be a great choice.

If I get the full power-set and living situation of the character I pick but not their emotional state and I don't exist in "their" universe I'd have to go with Doctor Strange. I think it's pretty likely his magic would allow for functional immortality when combined with modern-day and future technology, plus the rest of his power set is absurdly powerful.

If all I get is the character's powers but nothing else about them I'd pick the Silver Surfer or Superman. Great power lists for both, effortless mastery of their powers, no real weaknesses (assuming kryptonite and magic only exist in the DC Universe).
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 9:12:06 am
  • I'm a spider fanatic, but I'm going to say Wolverine too. Long life, quick healing and concealed weapons.
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 9:42:48 am
  • skippyballer486 said:
    Labria - Deadpool, Silver Surfer, Superman (probably), Doctor Strange (maybe, magically), Thor, any other gods/goddesses, Hawkman/Hawkgirl (technically they keep being reborn), Resurrection Man, I'm sure there are others. As far as pure life-expectancy goes I think Thor or Silver Surfer would be the top of the scale. Both are essentially immortal, basically indestructible, and perfectly capable of surviving away from Earth. Dr. Strange and other magic characters would be big question marks, but magic might make them functionally immortal as well.

As far as the original question, to me it really depends on exactly what the question is. If I become that hero totally in every way, one choice would be for the hero with the best combination of happiness and long life. The Surfer is basically immortal but he's also usually miserable. Thor and Superman seem pretty happy most of the time, so they'd be good choices. However, if I'm necessarily entering the Marvel or DC universe as part of the deal I'd be 100% confident in an afterlife, so perhaps picking any character guaranteed to go to Heaven would be better. Nightcrawler and Thing have both already been to Heaven, so there's not much doubt of it's existence. I think Nightcrawler is not allowed back, but any devout character would be a great choice.

If I get the full power-set and living situation of the character I pick but not their emotional state and I don't exist in "their" universe I'd have to go with Doctor Strange. I think it's pretty likely his magic would allow for functional immortality when combined with modern-day and future technology, plus the rest of his power set is absurdly powerful.

If all I get is the character's powers but nothing else about them I'd pick the Silver Surfer or Superman. Great power lists for both, effortless mastery of their powers, no real weaknesses (assuming kryptonite and magic only exist in the DC Universe).

Nice list. I'd definitely go with Silver Surfer then. I just like the idea of living forever.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 9:57:45 am
  • having the power cosmic would be cool for reviving people but i think i'd rather be adam warlock with the soul gem and go around collecting everyone's souls that would really appeal to the collector in me lol
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
    Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />Image" alt="Image" title="Image" />
  • Posted: February 12, 2015 8:29:25 pm
  • Doctor Strange would be a great choice: you get to live in his Greenwich Village mansion amongst the hipsters and you'd never get solicitors beacause your house doesn't exist when you don't want it to!
    Plus, the whole sorceror supreme thing...
    Visit Still Only 35 Cents at https://www.ebay.com/usr/stillonly35cents!
    Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stillonly35cents/
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 17
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 19
  • Coldfact Comic Group's Coldfact Comics Issue # 23
  • National Cotton Council of America's The Story of Cotton Issue nn