feature requests

It's Halloween! What's your comic book horror story? (Comic Book Forums)

• It's Halloween! What's your comic book horror story?

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 31, 2014 1:07:54 pm
  • Here's mine -

Sometime during my freshman year in college (1985-86) I either lost, accidentally threw out or let someone borrow and forgot to return my first 4 or 5 issues of the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Eastman and Laird. And yes, they were first printings. Crying or Very sad Also, I was probably drunk at the time.

Oh well, if someone can top this, I feel really sorry for you.
  • Posted: October 31, 2014 2:32:23 pm
  • I can't top it...thank . Mine actually had a happy ending.

In 2004, after moving from Pittsburgh to Johnstown, I was unpacking all my intercompany crossover posters. I couldn't find my mint condition promo poster for Superman vs The Amazing Spider-Man from 1976 ANYWHERE! I was SICK. I opened box after box. I mean...i was sick!!!

I gave up after a couple of weeks, convinced that I'd left it on the front porch of the house we'd moved from. Our old landlord said he didn't see it, but I figured some kid snarrfed it up. Then...

...when opening a chess set box, of all things...there it was! I must have packed it there so it would be seperate and safe!

Since this thread was started on Halloween...I'll have to say the poster looked "BOO"tiful!
  • Posted: November 1, 2014 5:30:12 pm
  • Really? No one has a horror story about their comics? Someone's mom must have tossed some out ...
  • Posted: November 2, 2014 11:45:30 am
  • I was always very stern with my mom when I was a kid... no throwing out of anything. Luckily enough, she respected that
  • Posted: November 2, 2014 12:40:35 pm
  • I really thought there would be a good number of responses to this. Think
  • Posted: November 3, 2014 8:43:02 am
  • I had a cat that decided a long box of comics was a litter box.

• Posted: November 3, 2014 10:29:40 am
  • I feel like I'm currently going through a horror story. I just sold my signed (by Rob Liefeld) New Mutants #98 on Ebay. I'm not a professional grader, I just grade comics by my own personal experience in collecting. I rated it at an 8.5 which was in the description and I feel was being modest. Even had pictures up and was very detailed in the description. It's been two weeks since it sold and now the buyer is asking for a refund because his opinion is that the comic is more like a 6.5 or 7. He is complaining I was not being honest. Ebay has been hounding me to refund him and I will end up losing money due to shipping/tracking and their ridiculous fees. I don't but sell maybe 1 or 2 comics on there a year and this whole experience has been a headache. It's just left me wanting to just close my account.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 3, 2014 10:39:02 am
  • Rule number 1 about selling comics on ebay, "Don't give it a grade, the buyer will always disagree with you."

• Posted: November 3, 2014 12:07:57 pm
  • What's crazy is that in my description I even stated I was not a professional grader.
    We strike hard and fade away into the night
  • Posted: November 3, 2014 1:26:03 pm
  • That fact that you mentioned a grade allows them to disagree with you. You should mention what you see is wrong with the item and leave it at that. Any additional opinions all room for disagreements.

26 posts • Page 1 of 3
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 186 days, 23 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • Marvel Comics's Cable Issue # 4c
  • Marvel Comics's Cable & Deadpool Issue # 40
  • Seven Seas Entertainment's Nagahama to Be, or Not to Be Soft Cover # 1
  • Marvel Comics's Thunderbolts Red - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1b