feature requests

Barbara Morse A Hell of a Past – Mockingbird (Comic Book Forums)

• Barbara Morse - A of a Past – Mockingbird

Author Discussion
  • Posted: October 24, 2014 4:11:28 pm
  • Didn't want to hijack the other thread and since there seems to be some interest in her past with her recent appearance in Agents of Shield I thought I'd post this.

By Brian Cronin
    This is the first in a series (of indefinite length and regularity) of pieces examining the hilariously convoluted history of certain comic book characters.

Our inaugural edition focuses on the long, strange trip that has been Bobbi “Mockingbird” Morse’s 40-year comic book history, from the pages of 1971′s Astonishing Tales #6 to the present day (she made her live action TV debut this week on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.)

Enjoy!

NOTE: THIS IS JUST ABOUT HER FICTIONAL BIOGRAPHY. THERE ARE SOME INTERESTING STORIES INVOLVING HER BEHIND-THE-SCENES DEVELOPMENT THAT I’LL PROBABLY ADDRESS IN THE FUTURE, MOST LIKELY IN THE PAGES OF COMIC BOOK LEGENDS REVEALED. SO IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THOSE STORIES, WAIT UNTIL THAT TIME TO DO SO.

Barbara “Bobbi” Morse made her first appearance in the Ka-Zar feature in Astonishing Tales #6, by Gerry Conway, Barry Windsor-Smith and Bill Everett (quite an awesome creative team for your first appearance, huh?). See if you can recognize her…

Read more here - http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2011/09/24/a--of-a-past-mockingbird/

"Disliking everything is not the same thing as having an opinion"

• Posted: October 25, 2014 11:36:56 pm
  • I didn't think it was terribly convoluted. They kind of had a hard time deciding what to do with her ion the beginning but managed to work it out.

The only part I really had a problem with was the skrull. Why would the dead skrull be trying to warn Hawkeye? You'd think that it wouldn't care what happened to him.

I didn't read the comic pages for that part so maybe the skrull explained that it had fallen in love Hawkeye or something like that.
    "You will soon see the distinct advantages of having no scruples whatsoever!" - Cobra Commander
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
World Community Grid Logo
ComicBookRealm.com: 72 years, 252 days, 5 hours of Run Time
Help projects like: Smash Childhood Cancer, OpenZika, Help Stop TB, FightAIDS@Home - Phase 2, Outsmart Ebola Together, Mapping Cancer Markers, FightAIDS@Home
Join World Community Grid today!
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
  • Newest
  • AccessData Comics's Clash of the Super Powers! Issue nn
  • Keenspot Entertainment's Spellweaver Issue # 3b
  • Ablaze Media's The Agent Issue # 5b
  • Marvel Comics's The Micronauts: The Original Marvel Years - Omnibus Hard Cover # 1b